D'Addario Tapewounds 3-Pack for $24

Discussion in 'Hot Deals' started by Andy_D, Aug 6, 2013.

1. Andy_D

Andy_D Supporting Member

Hello Music has D'Addario Tapewounds for $24 for a 3 pack. Just ordered one. It came to $29 shipped.

I always wanted to try tapewounds so 3 packs for around the price of 1 sounds like a steal.
  2. Jeff K

Jeff K Supporting Member

Yeah, I posted about these on August 2nd. That's the day I ordered a 3-pack. It said "Today Only" that day. But I saw that they were still that price today. I haven't used tapewounds since some time around 1994 (on a Gibson Les Paul bass, of all things!).

So I figured I'll give them another try on one of my current ones. At this price, why not?!
  3. Madcity Fats

Madcity Fats Supporting Member

Um ... anyone received theirs yet? I ordered mine on 8/6 and it seems like these would ship pretty quickly.

Hmmm ...
  4. Jeff K

Jeff K Supporting Member

I ordered mine on August 2nd. Still no strings. I've sent a couple emails to them requesting the status. Somebody replied to the first one saying that if I tell them what date I ordered them they'd find out what's going on.. I found that odd because I gave them the confirmation order number in the first email. Nevertheless, I provided the info again. Never heard another word from them.

Sent another email on Friday. Maybe I'll hear something Monday. Or maybe not...
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Lublin

Lublin Supporting Member

Takes them a while. Waited 3 weeks once.
  7. R&B

R&B Don't want no treble. Supporting Member

Unfortunately that is absolutely typical of HM, IME. They are sort of the Fry's of the online world. I guess the customer abuse must appeal in some odd way to the masochistic side in all of us.

Read their terms of service if you want a shock. They say they'll provide customer service at their sole discretion. Translation: when we feel like it.

If you want to have some fun, call the West L.A. phone number that appears on your credit card statement. They'll answer it, unlike their toll free line, but they will be VERY surprised. They will also tell you something approximating the truth.

Prices can be tempting but I am sooooo over those amateurs.

Apologists, please begin flameage now.
  8. Jeff K

Jeff K Supporting Member

Okay, mine came today via FedEx. Now I have to figure out which bass I want to try them on...
  9. 4Mal

4Mal Supporting Member

Media:
    Cool, I bought in knowing the wait would be a while. Nice strings, i run 'em on my barker
  10. Bongolation

Bongolation

I thought that three weeks to ship was typical for them and it was somewhere in the fine print. No? :confused:

Tried to buy something from them once. Didn't work.
  11. R&B

R&B Don't want no treble. Supporting Member

Their shipping is all over the place. Sometimes they ship right away. But they always send shipping confirmation after the item has been delivered, at least here in SoCal. Four for four on that one.

There is lots of fine print all right. Read it and weep.

My biggest issue with them is that I canceled a big-ticket order and they shipped anyway. Took a month of continuous effort on my part to get an RMA number and a refund. Very sketchy outfit.

Glad to hear some folks are getting their strings. That is a smokin' hot deal.
  12. Jeff K

Jeff K Supporting Member

I've never bought a large item from them. Before these strings, I bought a Mono Betty strap which shipped almost immediately. These strings took 3 weeks. But communication is definitely not their strong point. I think I'd be hesitant to buy anything expensive.
  13. seang15

seang15 Supporting Member

Tapewounds. When you care enough to sound like ****!!
  14. 4Mal

4Mal Supporting Member

Media:
    **** ? Dont play piezo basses do ya ? They work great there. Nice on fretless as well. Maybe on that tricked out Squire ... Not so much ?
  15. Jeff K

Jeff K Supporting Member

Just slapped a set of these on my 60th Anniversary P. Looks and sounds great.

[​IMG]