1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

D'Addario Tapewounds on Breedlove Fretless?

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by bswag, Dec 21, 2013.

1. bswag

bswag One of its feet is both the same Supporting Member

Greetings,

As I haven't yet seen this specific query answered, I'm asking if anyone else with a Breedlove Atlas Solo BJ350/CM4 Fretless acoustic bass guitar has tried a set of D'Addario ETB92 Nylon Tapewound strings on your bass? If so, any problems at the bridge or nut?
    I like the roundwounds it comes with, but someday I'd like to try the Tapewounds; however, while the provided rounds are Light-guage (45-100), the Tapewounds are Medium (50-105).
    So I'm wondering if anyone out there has already tried this?
    Thanx for any advice!

2. bassist4dalord

bassist4dalord

Tapewounds sound awesome on an acoustic. I have an Ibanez AEB5E which has bridge pins; I took it to a pro to install the D'Addario Tapewounds.

3. bswag

bswag One of its feet is both the same Supporting Member

OK, it's that "... took it to a pro" stuff that prompted me to post my question. I get the impression that no-one has tried the particular combination I mentioned? (Yes, I did a search on it first, old-timers!)
    I expect that I'll forgo being the guinea pig here, since I can't afford trying maybe-not-gonna-work stuff. Or paying for expert help.
    Thank you nonetheless for the reply!

4. Abner

Abner

I put Fender tapewounds (9120) on a Michael Kelly fretless Dragonfly. And I did it all by myself.

Was a little tricky getting that .110 in with the bridge pin, but it fits. Sounds great, too. Not as loud as acoustic strings, but worth it. (Also sounds great amplified.)

-Alex

5. Register to disable this ad