1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

D'Addario Tapewounds on Breedlove Fretless?

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by bswag, Dec 21, 2013.

1. bswag

bswag One of its feet is both the same

Dec 21, 2013
    Greetings,

As I haven't yet seen this specific query answered, I'm asking if anyone else with a Breedlove Atlas Solo BJ350/CM4 Fretless acoustic bass guitar has tried a set of D'Addario ETB92 Nylon Tapewound strings on your bass? If so, any problems at the bridge or nut?
    I like the roundwounds it comes with, but someday I'd like to try the Tapewounds; however, while the provided rounds are Light-guage (45-100), the Tapewounds are Medium (50-105).
    So I'm wondering if anyone out there has already tried this?
    Thanx for any advice!

2. Tapewounds sound awesome on an acoustic. I have an Ibanez AEB5E which has bridge pins; I took it to a pro to install the D'Addario Tapewounds.

3. TalkBass Friendly Advertisement

to hide this ad and more.
  4. bswag

bswag One of its feet is both the same

Dec 21, 2013
    OK, it's that "... took it to a pro" stuff that prompted me to post my question. I get the impression that no-one has tried the particular combination I mentioned? (Yes, I did a search on it first, old-timers!)
    I expect that I'll forgo being the guinea pig here, since I can't afford trying maybe-not-gonna-work stuff. Or paying for expert help.
    Thank you nonetheless for the reply!

5. Abner

Abner

Jan 2, 2011
    Mississauga
    I put Fender tapewounds (9120) on a Michael Kelly fretless Dragonfly. And I did it all by myself.

Was a little tricky getting that .110 in with the bridge pin, but it fits. Sounds great, too. Not as loud as acoustic strings, but worth it. (Also sounds great amplified.)

-Alex