'Daily UPS tracking' OCD

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by placedesjardins, Dec 12, 2012.

1. placedesjardins

placedesjardins

Well, it's not the real obsessive compulsive disorder. I know someone who had the real deal. But, yeah. I ordered a bass guitar that is being shipped via UPS and I am now in the process of tracking its whereabouts daily. Its supposed to be delivered on Friday.
  2. Thick McRunfast

Thick McRunfast Not just good, good enough Supporting Member

Daily? I'd be checking every couple of hours. Impressed by your self discipline
  3. 1958Bassman

1958Bassman

You call yourself 'obsessive', you're not even close! A bit neurotic, maybe.
  4. fraublugher

fraublugher

Xmas rush is fast approaching ,maybe your delay worries are valid.

Where you good this year? hopefully ups doesn't toss your gear into the coal pile.:)
  5. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

I get like that any time I order something online, which is almost weekly. Not too obsessive, I check once or twice daily to see where my orders are at.
    And thanks for reminding me I need to go check Amazon...
  6. pacojas

pacojas "FYYA BUN" Supporting Member

i have to check daily. stuff shows up early sometimes and i got shady neighbors out here in the rurals!:eek:
  7. bassman4d521

bassman4d521 Supporting Member

Half the fun is tracking it :)
  8. mbelue

mbelue

I'd call the need to check daily kinda tame. Some of us are afflicted much worse. Every break, lunch, etc gets an update when status is "Out for delivery".
  9. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister Supporting Member

Eh, I don't bother with it usually. I get notified it shipped, I check for the delivery day, then I forget about it until it shows up. Some items I'll check daily, like coffee or neck ties.

-Mike
  10. 6jase5

6jase5 Mammogram is down but I'm working manually Gold Supporting Member

In San Diego, one of our TB members is a UPS driver (won't say who). I will not post a thread that I'm ordering a bass guitar for fear that he may post a NBD thread while I'm calling security.
  11. IPA

IPA

After having worked for a company that allows tracking of its services, I started hating it more and more. People don't need this much information. It just makes them anxious and overbearing. Especially when customers are given the option to call you compulsively to 'check up' on where the service is. I guess it's like hating burgers after working at McDonald's or something.

Now it's just open, look at estimated date, wait til near UPS time on that date, and check again.
  12. fivestringgecko

fivestringgecko Supporting Member

I used to be like this...

...but I'm getting more and more like this.

I actually almost forgot about the Fretwraps I ordered for Black Friday.

5sg.
  13. placedesjardins

placedesjardins

Woo hoo. One more day.

Now, I'm in the mood to order some Rotosound strings. I love packages.
  14. Darren Low

Darren Low

Same here :p
  15. guitardefector

guitardefector

When you hear a loud thud on your porch, the doorbell rings, and you see a brown truck peeling out, you'll know it arrived.
  16. placedesjardins

placedesjardins

I've creeped into the weirdo zone. I checked my tracking number online three times today.

I won't be home but my wife will be. It says signature confirmation so it is my guess that they aren't just going to leave it on the porch. I'm in a good neighborhood fortunately, and haven't had packages walk off with their own feet.
  17. placedesjardins

placedesjardins

Oh goody. My new bass is getting delivered today.
  18. blastoff99

blastoff99 Supporting Member

Don't get too excited until it lands on your porch. My latest purchase was on last Friday's truck but the truck didn't stop at my house. I went running out, attempting to latch onto the taillights, but failed. Then I come in to my computer and UPS says "rescheduled delivery for 12/10/12" (Monday). So I had to wait alllllll weekend for the big box, in spite of the fact that it was on my street on Friday. Grrrr.
  19. placedesjardins

placedesjardins

Well, it arrived and my wife signed for it.
    I came home from work, took it out and checked it for any shipping-induced damages. Well, no issues at all. The bass has not been displayed on the showroom. They had this paper wrapping from the factory covering the strings. Now, the problem is that I am not allowed to touch it until Christmas. My wife says it isn't fair to the children because they can't open their presents. I polished off my finger prints and put it back into the box.

Cue in the sad piano music... fade out the spotlight... fade in random cricket sounds...