Damian Erskine - Right Hand Drive

Discussion in 'Technique [BG]' started by Kmrumedy, Feb 15, 2014.

1. Kmrumedy

Kmrumedy

Just purchased this and waiting for arrival. Looks like a very solid piece of educational instruction. I bought it based on some YouTube vids I saw. I am not that familiar with Damian or his playing but he certainly is a solid educator. I just got into three finger grooves with thumb based on some stuff I heard Janek Gwizdala do and this book would probably have saved me a bunch of time.

Thought I would share. Here is a good representation of books contents.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZJvJvID9YM&desktop_uri=/watch?v=6ZJvJvID9YM

A groove from the book

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5cCeMTvQiCs

Looks like it is well thought out and presented.

Good work should be rewarded and supported.... So I bought it.

Will give a review once I get it.

2. Passinwind

Passinwind Charlie Escher Supporting Member

Media:
    Albums:
    If you want to check out a couple of his current projects on YouTube, look for Roseland Hunters for funk/rock and Mike Prigodich/MPEG for fusion jazz. There are plenty of recent Gino Vanelli vids too.

Damian is local to me and I've been lucky enough to mix him live several times and to get to know him a bit. He's a really direct communicator and a very dedicated musician. I need to get that book myself, thanks for the reminder.

3. Passinwind

Passinwind Charlie Escher Supporting Member

Media:
    Albums:
    I would be happy to do so the next time I get into Portland, but you might also just post your question to his notreble.com column. Damian does also occasionally use two fingers, or a pick -- not sure about four or more.

4. damianerskine

damianerskine

Disclosures:
    Endorsing artist: Skjold basses,Zon basses,Aguilar,D'Addario,GruvGear
    The ring finger just never felt natural to me but I gravitated quickly to the Thumb, Index & Middle finger stuff. I find that there's nothing that I can think of to play that I couldn't play with those 3 fingers.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. GastonD

GastonD

Hm, will it be at any point digitally available through one of the sellers that offer the AdobeDigital format (Lulu or eBooks for example) as Amazon will not sell Kindle books to customers out of that part of the world, and the same goes for Nook format from B&N?

7. Spin Doctor

Spin Doctor

Does the physical book come with a CD?

8. Dug2

Dug2 Supporting Member

good book, he's one of my favorite players foe sure

9. Kmrumedy

Kmrumedy

It is supposed to. Still waiting for mine to be delivered from CD baby. Hopefully it arrives next week. Starting a new practice session Monday.

10. davidhilton

davidhilton Supporting Member

Damian is one bad ass bassist and great educator!!
    www.basslessonslosangeles.com
    www.soundscloud.com/davidhiltonmusic
    www.reverbnation.com/davidhiltontrio

11. Kmrumedy

Kmrumedy

Agreed. I am really looking forward to the book but it still hasn't arrived. CD Baby admitted Friday that their shipping to Canada is 15 days!!?? I use the same service from many other US companies. Never taken longer than 3-5 days from everyone else. I told CD Baby that they should probably mention those shipping times on their site. Won't be ordering from them again.

I am confident this book will be worth the wait. Even an undisclosed wait! Lol!

12. Kmrumedy

Kmrumedy

Man....does CD Baby suck!! What a horrible inexperienced company.

Delivery was to be 5 - 7 business days to Canada no tracking number is available. Going on 4 weeks now and the book did not show up. When I called after 3 weeks they asked me to wait one more week and to call if the book didn't show up. It didn't.

After my second call today they agreed to ship me another copy. I asked them to ship it with a tracking number this time so it doesn't get lost again. They told me I would have to pay an additional $35.99 if I wanted a tracking number. I run a business. If my client had been waiting 4 weeks for a product and it went missing, you can be damn sure I would send it out same day over night to make sure my client got the product.

CD Baby - they ship using the same method, no rush, no tracking number, and I have no idea if this will arrive. The customer agent didn't even seem to understand the problem with this.

Never ever order from them again.

Any other way I can get this book?

13. BMGecko

BMGecko

Any reviews of this book yet? Subscribed...