D'Andrea Cool Plecs

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Jim C, Jan 11, 2014.

1. Jim C

Jim C Supporting Member

Thought this was related enough to strings to post here.
    I found a D'Andrea Cool Plec which is a 1mm holographic guitar pick in a drawer. This one does this candy red to gold flip flop thing.

I typically use a heavy celluloid pick for about 3 songs on a given night the rest being finger style. There is a scratchy sound I get when the pick is not exactly perpendicular with the strings (pretty obvious due to angle).
    This Cool Plec is made from a different material than celluloid, Delrin, or Nylon and sounds better for my style of playing. No info on website and can only find huge packs fro sale online.

Where can I get a pack of 15 or less?
  2. SLaPiNFuNK

SLaPiNFuNK Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Owner: BassStringsOnline.com
    I do know they sell standard half gross bags (72) and assorted 12 packs. Even the 72 bag is listed as "Assorted"
  3. Jim C

Jim C Supporting Member

I did see the assorted colors and that's fine; it was never about the holographic look.

From their site it looks like all they offer is heavy but do not include the gauge. The dealers they list do not show inventory. The one I have is 1mm and I sure would like more. It's definitely a cool pick if you don't want too much of a brash pick sound; the plastic is definitely different that what I've ever tried before and the stiffness verse response is just right (for me).

Are there other users to there?