Danelectro Doubleneck 6-string Bass + 12 String (Nels Cline Style!)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by pharaohamps, Dec 18, 2013.

1. pharaohamps

pharaohamps Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Owner, Disaster Area Amps
    I fell in love with the Jerry Jones doubleneck that Nels plays with Wilco, so I had to have one. Too bad I can't buy one for love or money! So I found this, and it has served me well.

It's a late '90s / early 2000s 12+6 doubleneck in blackburst, and the lower neck was replaced with a baritone / 6-string bass neck. The lower bridge was also replaced with the 6-saddle intonatable style. The rosewood saddle bridge and original 6-string neck are both long gone.

The lower neck is 30" scale, and works just fine as a 6-string bass tuned E-to-E. It's currently set up as B-to-B.

The controls have been rewired to have separate volume and tone for each neck, and the pickup selector is hardwired to put each neck's pickups in series. The front toggle is the neck selector and it works fine. I can put the controls back to stock if the buyer requests.

It's light for a double neck, 10lbs. 9 oz. It plays GREAT on both necks, nice low action and no issues. The 12-string side has the typical Danelectro 12-saddle bridge and die-cast tuners. It stays in tune and plays up the neck in tune, too. The Danelectro's are one of the better sounding electric 12's out there, and the baritone side is pure twang. Tasty.

Asking $800 plus split shipping in the CONUS. This is probably too big to ship internationally with the case, but I can disassemble and ship in a smaller box if anyone overseas is seriously interested.

Not looking for trades. Really not. Please don't ask.

Pics:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]