1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Danish oil on colored oil finish?

Discussion in 'Warwick Basses' started by Zarathustra3, Sep 18, 2013.

1. Zarathustra3

Zarathustra3

Hi, I have a Warwick Vampyre NT with a nirvana black colored oil finish. I have another bass that only ever had danish oil used on it. The builder recommended reapplying the Danish oil once a year.

I was wondering if putting a coating of Danish oil on the Warwick would be a good idea? I obviously don't want to mess up the Warwick though but I'm just curious.
  2. WarwickOfficial

WarwickOfficial

Disclosures:
    Warwick & Framus Social Media
    Zarathustra3,

I'm glad you asked! Danish oil is a long oil finish--a mix of oil and varnish, which creates a tough, water resistant finish.

Since your vampire already has a coat of nirvana black oil, there really is no reason for this.

Best,

Mike
    Warwick USA