1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Dark Knight Rises

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by jmattbassplaya, Jul 20, 2012.

1. jmattbassplaya

jmattbassplaya

I didn't see another thread so I thought I'd start one to discuss the movie with everyone else who has seen it :) If you don't want to be spoiled then exit from this thread NOW!

=

==

===

====

=====

====

===

==

=

So yeah! I really enjoyed the movie. I thought the pacing was good, the plot strong, and the acting superb. I especially liked the portrayals of Alfred, Robin, and Selina by their respected actors, but I thought Bane's character lacked... something. For some reason I felt like his character wasn't developed as fully as it could of been, and it made his battles with Batman not as climatic as they would of been had we gotten inside Bane's head more. That said, I still enjoyed what Tom Hardy did with his script.

I would write more, but it's late and I'm not completely here mentally at the moment lol.
  2. xander8280

xander8280

Seeing it Saturday night. Can't watch this thread. I want to be surprised:p even though I know what's gonna happen
  3. darius8

darius8

The debut showings seem to always be noisy from the movie go-ers so I opted to see this later.
  4. jmattbassplaya

jmattbassplaya

Believe it or not, my theater was dead quiet with exception to some applause right when the movie started and right when it ended. Regardless, it's definitely a movie worth paying full price for.
  5. darius8

darius8

I still have my "Robin" halloween costume (the Burt Ward version) from years back.
    I'm don't know if I'll jump in the spirit of all things and wear it. I'll think about it.
  6. Tituscrow

Tituscrow Hit Me With Your Rhythm Stick Supporting Member

7. jmattbassplaya

jmattbassplaya

I think only one person in my theater dressed up. Actually, two did - but one of them was Spiderman :confused:
  8. jmattbassplaya

jmattbassplaya

Oh, and for those who are curious there is nothing after the credits so don't feel the need to stick around afterwards.
  9. Earache

Earache

12am, 330am and 6am show times lol. [​IMG]
  10. Downunderwonder

Downunderwonder

And them some anti social nutter gives it whole new newsworthiness, ***.
  11. RosieB

RosieB

The majority of people in our theater were dressed up. I wasn't and almost felt out of place. And now I'm heading out to work on 3 hours of sleep. Wish I had seen your post before we stayed till the end of the credits. But the movie was effing AWESOME!!! Never saw the twist coming, and loved the happy ending. But I agree, Bane was a bit flat and undeveloped character-wise. Very limited and single-minded. But the rest were very well done. Usually Batman steals the show for me, but in this movie nothing was lacking when he wasn't on the screen. And I loved the boots. Want the boots!
  12. RosieB

RosieB

That whole situation is so incredibly sad.
  13. jarrydee

jarrydee

ya this sucks man, 14 dead and 50 wounded. So lets think, nut case military guy that our gov. threw away when they needed help? some guy with no friends that always gets picked on? Terrorist? What do you think.
  14. Etienned

Etienned

That's terrible, I cannot help but think that with all the anti-hero glamor in that movie some nut job just crossed the line to become as cool as the characters.
  15. jarrydee

jarrydee

it really saddens me, a 6 year old kid was one of the victims...crazy world we live in!
  16. Black Beauty

Black Beauty

Very sad to hear about the tragedy.

Regarding the movie... I didn't enjoy it. The fight scenes between Bane and Batman were badly choreographed. Batman's voice was as annoying as it was in the previous movies... Probably would have been better if he never spoke while in costume. Felt like nothing happened the whole way through (just a lot of business meetings, ballroom dances, other boring scenes), almost fell asleep halfway through to be honest.
  17. DwaynieAD

DwaynieAD

there are already several threads for the tragedy, i wanna hear about the movie.
  18. Dash Rantic

Dash Rantic

My local theater did a Batman movie marathon, playing all three new ones in a row culminating in the midnight release of The Dark Knight Rises. Was great to see the first two in theaters again, and I enjoyed the 3rd--though being able to directly compare it to the first two, I'd call it the weakest of the three.

One of the things I liked most of the first two was the attempts at realism for both Batman and the villains, and even Batman's technology. That kind of fell apart in the newest film--it felt more like an "Iron Man" movie than the gritty realism of the previous two Batmans. Bane was also a pretty poor villain--along with not being fleshed out very well, he really felt like a generic comic-book villain.

Despite that, the movie was quite enjoyable, and did wrap up the trilogy nicely. I just wish it had stuck more true to the feel of the first two films.

--
  19. odin70

odin70

6 year old kid seeing a Batman movie?
  20. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister Supporting Member

Who is the dude with the metal thing on his mouth? What is that anyway?

-Mike