Darkglass B7K into powered cab ?

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by sifi2112, Dec 28, 2012.

1. sifi2112

sifi2112

Hi all,

I'm interested in maybe going down the preamp / active cab route. Do many of you do this ? What would you recommend etc ?
    I quite like the GK growl so was thinking of perhaps getting a Darkglass Microtubes B7K.
    I mainly want it for recording (thru Line6 POD HD Bean I have for guitar if that would work) but thought I could also use it to drive a decent PA type powered cab for live, sending DI to FOH/PA etc I'm not gigging at the moment & no plans to but things might change so this is really just for recording ...

Any thoughts / opinions most welcome ...

thanks

Simon
  2. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Might work. Many of those preamp pedals do work to drive a power amp. I'd ask in the effects section.
  3. Baird6869

Baird6869 Supporting Member

Not sure about the B7K as it is more of a overdrive pedal than a preamp. It has an EQ, but I would personally use it as a pedal thru a preamp such as a Sansamp, Alembic, Monique, etc. YMMV.

In any case.... the first page of their web page says:

4. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion Gold Supporting Member

I would also look at the Tone hammer or Rusty Box as cheaper alternatives.
  5. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion Gold Supporting Member

The B7K would work just fine it was designed to do just that and the B3K is more of the "pedal" of the two.