1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is still pending approval by Apple. If you haven't yet, try using your mobile browser - TalkBass is responsive to any screen size.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Darnedest thing I've seen or heard on a filter...

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by FilterFunk, Feb 10, 2013.

1. FilterFunk

FilterFunk

...is the 5-band filter frequency EQ on this unit, a Vestax DWG-X1 half-rack:

[​IMG]

It only EQs the filter frequency, not the incoming signal, and it can create some of the coolest sweeps and cascading decays I've ever heard, and I've owned and tried a ton of filters! I did a bass synth demo of this unit, but I can't find it. Here's a synth piano demo I made - it works the same with low end signals:

http://www.soundclick.com/player/single_player.cfm?songid=10528097&q=hi&newref=1

I'm playing around with the sliders to get different sounds throughout the demo. The DWG-X1 is very impractical for use with instruments, at least outside a studio. When I get enough cash, I'm going to see if I can find someone who can mod this unit into a pedal that will have 1/4" in/out jacks, run on 9v, and work better with instrument-level signals. In the meantime, I was wondering...has anyone ever seen anything like the 5-band freq EQ on this unit, but on a pedal?