1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Dave King's Human Base

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by SuprF1y, Dec 15, 2012.

1. SuprF1y

SuprF1y

Been ogling the Human Bases in the classifieds forum and came across this vid of Dave King playing with Charlie Mariano's group.
    I really love it.
    What sort of pickup do you think he is using?
    If you were going to try and replicate this tone (if not the chops) without springing for a custom build from Human Base, how would you go about it?
  2. RickC

RickC Supporting Member

Wow! I'm not normally much of a fan of bass solos, but those are outstanding and the tone is indeed gorgeous. I think I detect a slight bit of chorus in his sound.

/rick
  3. RickC

RickC Supporting Member

btw, the Human Base website says those are Delano soapbars.

/rick
  4. SuprF1y

SuprF1y

Yeh, I'm not normally into the whole soloing thing either but that clip really opened my eyes and ears up.
    Delano's eh, presumably one of the SBC 6 HE/S, or one in that form factor anyway.
    It looks like it's almost in a P-bass like position.
    Never thought I'd gas for a 6er.