1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ
  2. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

David Gage Metropolitan Carbon Fiber French Bow

Discussion in 'For Sale: Double Basses & Bows' started by Champagne, Mar 17, 2014.

1. Champagne

Champagne

For sale is a David Gage Metropolitan Carbon Fiber French Bow. The hair is in good shape and pulls fine. The reviews are spot on. The balance, sound and feel of this bow is very nice. I just don't use it enough to justify keeping it as I have way too many bows. These sell for $875.00 new.

$485 including shipping in cont. U.S.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

SUPER SiZE THESE PICTURES HERE

2. dderatz

dderatz Supporting Member

Do you know what year this bow was made?

David

3. Champagne

Champagne

Hi David,

No, I don't. Since it's made of carbon fiber, I suppose I could get it carbon dated? It may cost a bit to have it dated because I'm not friends with any scientist.

Best,

Tom

4. dderatz

dderatz Supporting Member

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Champagne

Champagne

Here is a sample of what the bow brings out of my main bass, compared with a $900ish french grip pernambuco bow.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2014
  7. Champagne

Champagne

The strings on the bass are Velvet Blues. They are a bit bright, so bare that in mind.

8. groooooove

groooooove Supporting Member

i think the age question is because they came out with something of a "updated version" a little while ago.

i've been using the original design for several years now as my only bow, i absolutely love it. free bump for a great bow at a great price!

9. Champagne

Champagne

Thanks for the bump.

I believe I responded to every PM I have received. If I missed someone, let me know as my box went full during this listing.

I do have a sale pending this Saturday. I will keep this thread updated with the status and many thanks for all the interest in the bow and to TB for having this classified section where we can share our things with a community.

All the best,

Tom

10. Champagne

Champagne

SOLD!

Thanks, dderatz!