1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

David Hood Interview

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by bluesbass99, Apr 14, 2011.

1. bluesbass99

bluesbass99 Gold Supporting Member

Here is a link to an interview with legendary Muscle Shoals bassist, David Hood. Great stuff and fascinating stories from a great bass player. The interview is broken into 2 parts, with each being approximately 10 minutes.
  2. jbednarski

jbednarski

No link. Would love to see it.
  3. Handyman

Handyman Supporting Member

I love David Hood's work. I demand my link!
  4. ExaltBass

ExaltBass Just a BassGuy! Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Lindsey Basses - maker of XBass cables
    [​IMG]
  5. perfectarc

perfectarc

6. bluesbass99

bluesbass99 Gold Supporting Member

7. lbwdog

lbwdog

Don't know if it's the same interview the OP meant to link but it'll sure do! Thanks....
  8. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Supporting Member

That's a great interview. David Hood is one of those bassists who does not grab headlines, but the man knows how to groove!:bassist: He has probably influenced Lords knows how many people without them even knowing it.:D
  9. lbwdog

lbwdog

Count me in!

:) Funny; Just as I was posting this, they played a snippet of "I'll Take You There" on CBS Sunday Morning (a teaser for next weeks program featuring The Staples) :cool:
  10. ShoeManiac

ShoeManiac Supporting Member

Bumping this thread up in light of the new Muscle Shoals movie. It's another look at some of the legendary studios & musicians that were behind a tremendous number of hit records. You can check out the trailer on YouTube.

Muscle Shoals bassist David Hood was in attendance at the Sundance Film Festival screening of the film, and took part in some Q&A with the audience in attendance. A little more on that in this San Francisco Chronicle article.
  11. sneha1965

sneha1965 Supporting Member

Thanks for starting this thread. I was just doing a search on David Hood after watching some of the movies on YouTube of Muscle Shoals. Of course Talkbass has several threads going on David. This being at the top of the list. I love Talkbass.
  12. bass12

bass12 Fueled by chocolate Supporting Member

Sub'd so I can check this out later.