1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is still pending approval by Apple. If you haven't yet, try using your mobile browser - TalkBass is responsive to any screen size.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

DAYS. OF. THE. NEW.

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by songwriter21, Feb 14, 2014.

1. songwriter21

songwriter21 Supporting Member

Jessie Vest's tone here, on his Spector, is nothing short of ridiculous. What a freakin' JAMMIN' bastard band out of hell, and so severely underrated. They certainly had AIC and Soundgarden influences, but my God, they should've been as big. These guys jammed harder than both bands, and with all acoustic music, too (for the most part).

I haven't watched this vid since it came out...an absolute gem of a glimmer in time to a band that should've been recognized so much more. The talent these guys had was frightening. This whole performance REALLY kills:

2. bassgod0dmw

bassgod0dmw Supporting Member

The Orange album is one of my all time favorites. Every single song is awesome!

Too bad Travis Meeks was a controlling nutjob and meth addict. He was actually on the 1st season (I think the 1st) of Intervention. The rest of the guys went on to form Tantric, although not as good.

It's funny you mention AIC. Mike Starr was the bassist for a very short time before he died.
  3. ctpunk

ctpunk Supporting Member

"These guys jammed harder than both bands"

Thats an opinion Ive never heard before. You'd have to post another video to convince me of that one. This concert sounds like the same 45 minute song. I do remember these guys along with countless other bands riding the wave of AICs successes. Godsmack etc, list goes on..
  4. CID Vicious

CID Vicious

They definitely had a cool flavor on the first album and I liked 'Enemy'...but I think it'd be a better idea for someone new to pick up and run with than anything worth personal obsession over.

Acoustic metal/rock shouldn't just be ballads...