1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Dayton 10s rock!

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by mixamatchi, Feb 3, 2012.

1. mixamatchi

mixamatchi

Just to let everyone know, I used Dayton PA255-8 10s in a friends combo, and they rock! rated 300 watts rms, 5mm xmax, 94.7db sensitivity. They have excellent bottom, and perform well up into the upper mids. They are rated 46hz to 3.5khz. Check em out if your drivers are worn out.
  2. Arjank

Arjank

I never used one, but I remember seeying them on partsexpress. The specs look promissing, they even use a copper cap on the polepiece of the magnet, this keeps the distortion low. I only used the hifi stuff from dayton like the RS-150, RS225 and RS28a, very good value for the money!
  3. dhomer

dhomer

Disclosures:
    Owner, Gigmaster Soundworks, Auth. greenboy designs builder, MI
    Had that driver modeled for a possible practice amp upgrade. In a 2 cu.ft vented box tuned to 40, (very slight mid-hump) these drivers are displacement limited to 50 watts. A lot of similarities to BP102, they like smaller boxes though..
  4. dog1

dog1

Disclosures:
    Builder: Bottom Line Bass Cabinets
    Dayton Audio makes some great stuff at moderate prices. Never considered them for bass guitar. Maybe I should reconsider
  5. churchpark

churchpark Supporting Member

I plan to try one out in my SWR WorkingPro 15". I currently have a Eminence CB15 inside at 300w 8ohm pushed by a Hartke HA5500. By experimenting, it seems to get deep but
    I need a low low freqwuency stretch without any cone breaking at the edges. It truly has to be the LF or low frequency type and I hope the PA380-8 15" will do the trick. If
    my memory serves me correctly, I heard that the LF cones with the highest Xmax which is 5.00mm on this model with the multiple ring pattern would produce less baffling and distortion. And the 500W at 8ohms is a plus.

http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?partnumber=295-034