1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

DB Video Series on YouTube

Discussion in 'Recordings [DB]' started by BassmanI, Mar 24, 2012.

1. BassmanI

BassmanI

The Key to the Fingerboard - Mr. Karr would you teach me How to Drive a Double Bass - Lesson No. 8 - YouTube

Michael Klinghoffer presents a series of video lessons based on his book entitled: "Mr. Karr Would You Teach Me How to Drive a Double Bass" Mr. Klinghoffer studied under Maestro Gary Karr and has developed the book and video series based on Karr's techniques. This lesson series is great for both the beginner and the advanced bassist looking to improve their own technique.
    On a personal note, I've started with Lesson 1 myself and have been very pleased with it so far.
  2. pnchad

pnchad

for posting - I'm going to try these out as well
  3. BassmanI

BassmanI

It should be noted that these lessons can be adapted for pizzicato as well as arco and according to Mr. Klinghoffer, has benefitted Jazz as well as Classical Bassists.
  4. BassmanI

BassmanI

I would love to know if anyone else has started this video series and what they think of it?
  5. dhsierra1

dhsierra1

just watched the first four and will start trying the lessons out this evening when I'm done w/work, thank you for posting :D
  6. hdiddy

hdiddy Official Forum Flunkee Supporting Member

I just discovered these videos for myself. Good ****!!!!

And his mantra is pretty f'n awesome:
    "Bass playing is either easy or impossible"
  7. TonyD

TonyD

Yes - I follow these lessons and I have also purchased Michael's book. He has a very good way of teaching!

I am always curious about his posture. Michael is lifting his left shoulder too high, I even think his bass is too high. His wrist is too much pronated when doing vibrato. He mus be careful not getting injured.

But heck - who am I? :bag: