De Rosa - has anyone ever heard of this company?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by cgnortheast, Oct 4, 2009.

1. cgnortheast

cgnortheast

I am doing cash/trade thing on local CL for an Ibanez 5 string and the thing offered in trade is a Bass made by a company called DeRosa. I have never heard of this name before. The bass itself is a viola bass, like the McCartney/Beatle bass, it looks ok and appears to be in good working order. I really just want to know what kind of value the thing has. He said he got it new for $250...so I'm guessing it's not worth much....but you never know, maybe its some old 60s relic or something...so I thought I would ask. any help will be greatly appreciated.
  2. cgnortheast

cgnortheast

3. spade2you

spade2you

High end Italian road bikes??
  4. DeanT

DeanT Send lawyers, guns and money... Supporting Member

DeRosa basses are made in China. They are equivalent to the Jay Turser, Rogue, Brownsville, Douglas Beatle basses. It may even be made in the same factory. $250 is about the top end for what they are worth new. I wouldn't pay more than $175 used. It's definitely not a '60s relic.
  5. KramerBassFan

KramerBassFan

Pictures would be great.
  6. cgnortheast

cgnortheast

thanks for the info about the company. I could post a pic, but it is mega huge and I don't think is worth it to resize, etc. since I was just looking for the basic info...which was helpfully provided.
    Thanks again!