1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Dead battery

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by BeJay, Dec 3, 2012.

1. BeJay

BeJay

I've been jamming with a group of guys here in Katy & Houston for the past few months. I have to say its been freaking fantastic!, so thank you all again for the push to put myself back out there!

At the last jam I recorded the session with a pocket recorder and sent the resulting tracks out to all the guys. They really seemed to like it so this past Sunday I took it all with me. The mixer, mics & laptop. Got it all setup and recorded the entire session.

Face palm time, my 9v battery in my wireless died on me about 30 minutes in. Besides freeing me up to move around (which I do) it also acts as a preamp for me. As no spare was available; I went direct.

Now, I had a great time - but I was having to pluck just a tad harder than normal (I was using the house amp - not mine). So there are those damn twangs all in the recording and not to mention inconsistent volume across the strings.

Moral of the story... Keep extra batteries in your go bag and not be a looser like me!!!

Once again - to all you that pushed me publicly and privately - Thank you.

If you want to hear it

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2014
  2. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion Gold Supporting Member

Sounds great looks like the guitarist likes to be heard :)

3. BeJay

BeJay

Have you ever met one that didn't? :)

4. Thor

Thor Thanks Andy Pyle for showing me the way. Supporting Member

Sounds like you may need a new battery. Maybe you ought to get two, you know, just in case. :)

5. Register to disable this ad