1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a FREE Account to post and unlock tons of features!

Dean Edge Bass Guitar, 10 with Active PJ Pickups, Classic White. Good Beginners Bass?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Kuroth, Dec 5, 2012.

1. Kuroth

Kuroth

Dec 2, 2012
    Hi.. I was wondering about this one as a entry level beginners bass for myself.. A little confused as when I search here I find some older posts on a "Dean Edge 10" but its a 10 string..

This one is 4 stings.. I have heard several experienced bass players say you cant got wrong with this one as a entry level..

Anyone have one or know much about them?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002DGS8A8/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00

Thanks!

2. Bongolation

Bongolation

Nov 9, 2001
    California
    I don't know anything about this specific model of the Edge, even country of origin. At the $319 MSRP, it's almost certainly China, and therefore it's of unpredictable QC and probably deficient. $200 is no great price, by Amazon standards. You can beat it if you're set on this thing. Amazon were selling them under $100 a while back.

Some of the Edge bass models were very nice, but it depends on the contractor and features.

For perspective, I picked up an Edge Q4 Bartolini from Amazon some time back. $999 MSRP Cor-Tek Korea build, US Bartolini pickups, EMG active tone controls. It was an absolutely flawless build and a remarkably nice bass, great ergonomics. l don't particularly like this type of bass, but it was a beauty. I paid $132 for it, new, shipped. :smug:

Deans are OK, but don't pay real money for them. They have no resale value to speak of.

3. TalkBass Friendly Advertisement

to hide this ad and more.