Dean Edge Glued Frets?

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by craigbeavers24, Jan 4, 2014.

1. craigbeavers24

craigbeavers24

A while ago, I got a Dean Edge 09 bass as a gift. I never use it, and I also want a fretless bass, so I was thinking about getting it made into a fretless. One thing I was wondering, do Dean's typically glue their frets? Thanks for the help!

2. JLS

JLS Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    I setup & repair guitars & basses
    When you heat each fret with a soldering gun/iron, it doesn't make much difference.

3. Pilgrim

Pilgrim Supporting Member

If you defret the bass, PLEASE do your homework, read up on correct technique (hint: any recommendation involving a screwdriver or pliers should immediately be discarded) and take your time doing the job. Done right it will require 10+ hours of labor for a first-time project. Done wrong, you will have a hack job and chunks of missing fretboard.

There is plenty of info here on TB that can steer you into doing a good job that yields a great looking and professional appearing result.

4. craigbeavers24

craigbeavers24

I'm not going to do it myself, but the guy I work with wanted to know ahead of time for pricing if it used glue or not. That's why I was wondering if Dean used glue.

5. Register to disable this ad