Dean Hillsboro 09?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by grapejelly, Jan 30, 2014.

1. grapejelly

grapejelly

I done seent one of these at my local music shop, did a few searches and can't find a whole lot of user reviews online. is it new? Mostly i'm wondering the difference between the 09, Jazz, single, and the plain hillsboro. May be that the ebay sellers just label them differently from company to company.

with a little research i've found that some /j's and regular's/ are active, the 09 seems to be passive and have a rosewood fingerboard while others have maple. my major concern is all of that electric voodoo on the inside. will the other slightly more expensive ones be gooder, badder, or uglier? a large discouragement to me is that i've seen them for sale on walmart and sears online stores.

I think it goes without saying /but i said it/ that i'm a relative know-nothing in the ways of the bass, but i am in the process of acquiring knowledge.

thanks a million in advance.

2. grapejelly

grapejelly

don't make me do this. instead of just replying with the b word i'll talk to myself discussing the grease and squeaky wheel correlation which can become rather lengthy and boring. i don't like being a bad person i was born this way.