1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Dean Playmate Mods?

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Baykes, Jan 18, 2014.

1. Baykes

Baykes

Hey guys,

I'm new around here and relatively new to bass. I own the black solidbody dean playmate bass. I was wondering if anyone has this bass and if they have done any upgrade to it with what results as I would like to upgrade mine but not sure what I can really do. Thanks for the help!

William
  2. penguineman

penguineman

Well I guess if you really want to mod it you could change the pickup out. and maybe change the bridge out for a high mass or something like that. there a nice little Bass and I guess maybe a great little platform for modding project. it just depends on how far you want to go and how much money you want to stick into it.
  3. Pilgrim

Pilgrim Supporting Member

If you want to upgrade, that implies the bass has problems or shortcomings which you find objectionable. Otherwise, there is no need to "upgrade".

What problems or shortcomings does it have?