1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Dearmond Square Wave Distortion Generator

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by KablesP, Dec 9, 2013.

1. KablesP

KablesP

My brother works at a car wash and his friend was dumping the trashcans out when he looked inside and saw 3 pedals.

Dearmond Square Wave Distortion Generator
    Russian Big Muff Bubble Font
    Dunlop Crybaby

And they all worked!

He was going to take them to the store and I told him I would give him 100 for both. He looked on ebay and saw them going for a lot so I offered him what the store would have.

The Muff really sounds great. No low end loss and the gain is pretty huge. The battery clip fell off so I have to resolder a new one on.

The Dearmond really surprised me. It sounds really great and it very transparent. Also, no low end loss with this one either. They both work great on bass.

Here is a track I recorded tonight with the Dearmond into a VT Bass into Guitar Rig for the 8x10 bass cab mic'd with an Audix D6. The drums are Superior Drummer played on an NI Maschine.

Bass is a Fender Jazz Special with a P/J setup. Active EMG pickups for the P. Pick.

Has anyone else used the Dearmond on bass?

https://soundcloud.com/bassbastards-2/st-demo
  2. andrew

andrew Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Aguilar Amplification, Regenerate Guitar Works
    That sounds great. Very nice noise rock tone.