Death by Audio. Robot

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by steveTM, Dec 4, 2010.

1. steveTM

steveTM

just wondering if any one has had any experience with the DbA robot. I'm interested in it, im in a Avant-garde band and still on the hunt for odd sounds.

if you dont know what it is links below.

Youtube

2. dogwillhunt80

dogwillhunt80

*BUMP*

I'm interested in people's thoughts as well.

3. metaball

metaball

really cool pedal, but i think it's a bit pricey for what it does. there are some great options from companies like WMD & Dwarfcraft that make similar strange noises for $100+ less than Death by Audio's offerings. i'd suggest shopping around a bit & make sure it's worth paying the premium to you.

4. Pugie

Pugie

I've got one on my board and I like it alot. It's fun to use and very over the top.

It sounds better on bass than on guitar I think. It felt like it got pretty screechy and a bit too robot-sounding sometimes with guitar. With bass its more roar-y.

Some of the settings gets old pretty fast though, especially the pre-programmed waveform, but the octave up-fuzz and some of the other settings sounds great and I use them regularly. I also use it on samples sometimes, to distort them för a short period of time. That can sound pretty cool.

But yeah, like metaball said it's a bit pricey for what it does. And it's kinda big, I mostly like smaller pedals.

5. Register to disable this ad