1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Death by Audio. Robot

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by steveTM, Dec 4, 2010.

1. steveTM

steveTM

just wondering if any one has had any experience with the DbA robot. I'm interested in it, im in a Avant-garde band and still on the hunt for odd sounds.

if you dont know what it is links below.

Youtube
  2. dogwillhunt80

dogwillhunt80

*BUMP*

I'm interested in people's thoughts as well.
  3. metaball

metaball

really cool pedal, but i think it's a bit pricey for what it does. there are some great options from companies like WMD & Dwarfcraft that make similar strange noises for $100+ less than Death by Audio's offerings. i'd suggest shopping around a bit & make sure it's worth paying the premium to you.
  4. Pugie

Pugie

I've got one on my board and I like it alot. It's fun to use and very over the top.

It sounds better on bass than on guitar I think. It felt like it got pretty screechy and a bit too robot-sounding sometimes with guitar. With bass its more roar-y.

Some of the settings gets old pretty fast though, especially the pre-programmed waveform, but the octave up-fuzz and some of the other settings sounds great and I use them regularly. I also use it on samples sometimes, to distort them för a short period of time. That can sound pretty cool.

But yeah, like metaball said it's a bit pricey for what it does. And it's kinda big, I mostly like smaller pedals.