1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Debating a pickup/electronics swap on GTBD-7...

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Chapbass, Aug 29, 2013.

1. Chapbass

Chapbass

Hey guys,

So, I've been really focusing on some tone stuff lately, and I've decided that I just don't like the tone on my GTBD-7. It sounds too artificial and zingy for me. Most of the stuff that I play is on the lower end of the bass (I've replaced the high F with a low F# because of it), but the bass just doesn't sound very warm to me.

I have a Peavey Cirrus 4 that gives me a great hi-fi sound for doing slap and other more trebley styles (is that a word?), but I really would like to do a bit more on getting that fat tone.

Roscoe is one of those companies that I always love the sound of, heres a great example of some killer tone both in the low end, and yet it still can cut through on the high stuff without being too clangy or sharp:

Thanks in advance, as always!
  2. Chapbass

Chapbass

Any thoughts from anyone on this? Even just helping point me in the right direction? Stupid idea in general?