1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Decent bass amp for guitar under $500

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by nusstu, Feb 26, 2014.

1. nusstu

nusstu

Hi Guys,

Wondering if any of you guys can help me out here. I know this has been asked before but...
    I'm looking for a decent bedroom sized bass amp that can be used to play guitar as well. I'm not looking for Bassman etc cuz they're too loud and too big. Neither am I looking at Polytone, Henriksen, Phil Jones or other vintage amps cuz they're not sold where I live in (Singapore).

I'd prefer solid state and about 500 and something that's easy to find around.

Thanks.

2. NWB

NWB

The Yamaha THR10 is perfect for bedroom and does both guitar and bass amp models.

3. Reddog01

Reddog01

I've been very happy with my GK MB115.

4. Raf Seibert

Raf Seibert

I've been very happy with my David Eden Nemesis 10. It in your price range and it will definitely fill your bedroom.

Raf

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. bmc

bmc

Roland CB100

100 watts, 1-12

Reverb, chorus, flanger

Set the amp modelling to Bassman. Crank the gain, to get a convincing tube distortion and control volume with the master volume.

Guitarist have borrowed mine when stuck for an amp and it sounds great. It's also excellent for bass for small gigs. Very impressive and very versatile. We've plugged small four channel mixers into it to use as a makeshift pa for rehearsals.