1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

decent, inexpensive MP3 earbuds?

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by lexington125, Mar 22, 2014.

1. as part of my goal to lose a few pounds, I'm taking public transit to work every day. (actually a combo of the studio shuttle and the local bus). But it still leaves me with a solid 10 to 15 minute walk, depending on which bus I catch. The walk is good for me and it finally got me to try out the Ipod Shuffle I received a couple of years ago. The tiny thing is pretty cool, but the standard Apple earbuds tend to fall out if I move too much, and the only way to get good bass response is to hold them tight to your head.

I don't want to spend big money on something I will probably leave on the bus one day, nor do I want to wear actual headphones. Is there a reasonably priced ($40?) set of earbuds that will stay on my ear and also let me hear bass parts? I'm assuming the tiny rubber buds that actual slide down into your ear a little ways would solve both problems; they wouldn't fall out as easily and they mjght provide better bass response. Anyone have any specific suggestions? thanks.

2. mpdd

mpdd neoconceptualist Gold Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2010
    LA
    the sony mdrex100 ear buds are pretty good, and they are about 30, i bought them last week for the art studio, pretty good bass response, but not like the v6s

3. TalkBass Friendly Advertisement

to hide this ad and more.
  4. MTBK

MTBK

Sep 11, 2013
    Sennheiser makes some nice buds in that price range. The CX215 are probably what you should look at. They'll block outside noise a little bit too, so you don't have to crank the volume as much. I use them when flying and they block out cabin and airplane noise and whatnot.