1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a FREE Account to post and unlock tons of features!

Definition of "new"

Discussion in 'Forum Usage Issues' started by Gusset, Apr 14, 2014.

1. Gusset

Gusset Supporting Member

Feb 20, 2014
    Is there a way to define what a "new" post is? It seems that posts are marked unread only if they are new and less than maybe 6 or 8 hours old. If I read the forum in the evening, then check again at noon the next day, there are a lot of threads with new postings since I was last online that are marked read...only the stuff in the past few hours shows up as new/unread.

Is there a way to set it differently? I can't find anything in my user options.

Thanks!

2. hrodbert696

hrodbert696 Supporting Member

Are you logging out in between? It's supposed to be "new posts since last login," but if you stay logged in a certain period of time (I never checked how long) the "new" posts revert to "read."

3. TalkBass Friendly Advertisement

4. Gusset

Gusset Supporting Member

Feb 20, 2014
    Yes, I suppose that's what I'm asking about. This functionality is new to me...I don't recall ever using a forum that applies a time limit to "new". If there's a way to change it, I'd like to learn how.