1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Delano pickups in a P bass - anyone done it?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Sublab, Sep 2, 2012.

1. Sublab

Sublab

I'm sure they're not vintage sounding but I'm not into vintage sounds either. I'm looking for the best modern sounding P pick up out there. Aggressive, full or clear when I need it to.

Anyone use Delano?
  2. mmbongo

mmbongo Supporting Member

3. Sublab

Sublab

Seem great!

Ore those direct replacements?
  4. mmbongo

mmbongo Supporting Member

Yeah they should be.

Delano's are great as well, don't mean to completely steer you away from them.
  5. pasta4lnch

pasta4lnch Supporting Member

might want to check out the Sandberg club. I think he uses Delanos? Seems like a cool idea . . .
  6. GYang

GYang

I have Delano P, excellent clean PU, very balanced sound for modern bass without exaggerating on highs, as some modern PUs.
  7. jmattbassplaya

jmattbassplaya

8. makaspar

makaspar Supporting Member

Mine are coming in today! Should be here in the next 3 hours.. Can't wait to try them out.