Delano pickups

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by DeliriumTremens, Oct 31, 2007.

1. DeliriumTremens

DeliriumTremens

went to a guitar shop to ask about new pickups for my J and the guy in there recommended Delano pickups, the ones with the huge pole pieces. I've no experience with these and obviously don't want to drop a load on money of them with no idea how they sound. Are these fat, loud pickups?

2. James Hart

James Hart

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    I just got one of those as part of a PJ set.... haven't put the bass back together that they were bought for though.

I'll have sound clips / reviews next month... but the tone of my MM style Delano is what made me order a PJ set of the same style / materials / etc.

3. DeliriumTremens

DeliriumTremens

ah excellent. I was hoping you'd chip in on my HCBF thread, but here will do! Cheers

4. Fender32

Fender32

:meh: I was looking at either the ones that you mentioned;

[​IMG]

or these ones;

[​IMG]

for my current "Super-J" project, but I just couldn't find any soundclips, or even first-hand opinions on them :meh:, so I ended up getting a set of Nordstrand NJ4SEs (which have just the tone I'm looking for ;)). Ironic really, since I'm located about 100km from the Delano factory and you're probably somewhere close to a Nordstrand stockist :smug: (I had to get mine from the USA).

Like James (Hart), though, I was very impressed with their MM style pickup :) (although I was using the MC4HE, which is a quad-coil, blade humbucker design).

[​IMG]

If I had wanted a "fat", powerful (and probably StingRay-like) tone for my JB project, I would have gone with your first choice, too ;).

Look at that nice wax-potting - doesn't that just inspire confidence :smug: ?:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Delano pickups are great performers, IMO/IME.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. DeliriumTremens

DeliriumTremens

I'm in the UK and they had them in stock, he brought them out for me to see.

7. TheButler

TheButler

Tried a few Sandbergs in the shops over here and from the small amount of time i played around with the bass they sound fantastic :)

8. allexcosta

allexcosta Banned

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: MLaghus Custom Basses
    Don't think you can go wrong with a Delano.

9. badboy1984

badboy1984

Delano pickup are really good mate. Just go for the one with bigger pole piece because their are better and sound good as well.

Check out my Aria STB Bass with delano pickups on.

[​IMG]

Neck Pickup: Delano P-Bass PMVC4 FE/M2
    Bridge Pickup: Delano MM type MC4 AL

Also i use it with LaBella Flats

They sound bloody aweson

10. Zooberwerx

Zooberwerx Gold Supporting Member

The big pole pieces are just cool lookin'! Here's my CB with J / MM Delano pups with a passive harness (vol / vol / mid roll-off / treble roll-off / coil switch).

[​IMG]

The socks are argyles and essential when photographing any bass with an offset tailpiece.

Riis

11. DeliriumTremens

DeliriumTremens

:D

I think I'll pickup (sic :)) some when I can afford them