1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Delano Quad Coil tonal differences?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by tubby.twins, Jan 30, 2010.

1. tubby.twins

tubby.twins Amateur Pickup Reviewer Gold Supporting Member

This question is for any of you who have Delano's SBC pickups as a quad-coil humbucker, not their "dual twin coil humcancellers".

Do you notice any significant difference in tone between "single" coil and both coils in parallel?

I've got one Delano SBC "Driver" edition pickup for 5-string in a quad-coil model, and I'm not really hearing much difference between these two settings. I haven't tried it in "series" mode yet, but I would expect to hear a boost in volume if I did.

The pickup is mounted on a fretless bass near the "sweet spot" between typical neck and bridge locations. It sounds very warm and detailed, but I was hoping to get a bigger difference in tone between two settings (without a corresponding boost in volume for the "series" setting).
  2. Mystic Michael

Mystic Michael Hip No Ties Supporting Member

3. kucor

kucor

Hi, old thread, but I decided to put Delano SBC drivers in my bass, and note sure should I buy dual coils or quads.

quads are $50 (in Europe) more, is is worth it? what would I get with quads and would I loose something comparing to standard ones?

thanks