1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Delano TheXtender 4 H/S oval pickups?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by JIO, Feb 16, 2014.

1. JIO

JIO Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    musician/artist/owner - Gildaxe
    I'm considering these for a custom build but have no reference on them other than the way they look. I do know they're not cheap. I'd be matching them (2) up w/an Audere JZ3 pre-amp. Anyone use them and if so what's your opinion?
  2. JIO

Disclosures:
    anyone? :help:
  3. Isotonic

Isotonic Supporting Member

To me they sound kind of bland. They do look cool though.

4. JIO

Disclosures:
  5. tubby.twins

tubby.twins Amateur Pickup Reviewer Gold Supporting Member

I've got a few of the 5-string version in my parts drawer. I haven't done anything more than a "tap test" with a metal screwdriver to make sure it worked. I am expecting they will not be too dissimilar from other Delano "HE" series pickups, which have great midrange and a very crisp treble. However, I have not yet carved a new route in a bass to hold the oval pickup. It's on my list of projects to do. :)
  6. tekhedd

tekhedd Supporting Member

I've been wondering the same thing. It's hard to get any information about them at all from people actually using them.

If they're anything at all like Delano's other pickups, then they're probably fabulous. But it's risky to route nonstandard oval shapes into the body over "probably"... Of course, if you have a spare bass you don't care about, or a pawn shop nearby...
  7. JIO

Disclosures:
    thanks - that's a start. My build would be a 4 string and the Audere pre has a wide range of tonal control. Just wish I could hear somebody say - I use them, etc etc... anyone?