Delay Pedal help.

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by rogersjoe, Nov 25, 2013.

1. rogersjoe

rogersjoe Sakara Bassist Supporting Member

I am looking to purchase a new delay pedal. I had the Joe Satriani Time Machine pedal and I really liked it. BUt my guitar players delay crapped out. And he uses his a lot more than mine so I am letting him use mine.
    ANYWAYS
    I am looking for a delay pedal with a tap tempo switch and also I am looking for a delay that decays when shut off. Not come to a complete stop. And at a reasonable price too.
    Does this exist? Not looking for something with crazy amounts of presets or knobs. Something pretty basic. I only use it for two songs in our entire set. So I am not looking to break the bank.
    Thanks so much.

2. bassteban

bassteban

Seymour Duncan Deja Vu does al that, IIRC... There may be a cheaper option. I had the déjà but dumped it as the analog sound wasn't nearly analog-sounding enough for me.

3. IncX

IncX

i think the strymon El Capistan is awesome! ... if you can get over the fact that it requires a 250mA power source

4. rogersjoe

I dig the El Capistan. BUt it is out of my price range for a pedal that won't be getting much use. Anyone use the Tech 21 DLA?

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. newmusicmichael

newmusicmichael

I've got an Earthquaker Devices Dispatch Master that I'm pretty happy with.

7. rogersjoe

How do you use a tap tempo? I don't see a plug for it. Also it says it is a true bypass pedal. Does it trail off after you shut it off?

8. MightyMiloQuinn

MightyMiloQuinn Supporting Member

Take a look at the TC Electronic Nova Repeater. Sweetwater has them for $120. They're $200 everywhere else.

9. IncX

IncX

on a budget, i guess its hard to go wrong with a Boss DD7 or even a Line 6 Echopark

10. zwkoch

zwkoch You can't do that on bass enthusiast Gold Supporting Member

Check out the Zoom MS 70-CDR. You can build patches with delay and echo that give you a nice natural decay on your trails. I think they run $110. Check out the youtube demos. Everything is adjustable on it.

11. adamsmatthewj

adamsmatthewj Supporting Member

I use both the tc electronic Flashback delay and the tc electronic Flashback X4 delay/looper

The X4 might be overkill for u, but the regular Flashback is really nice. It does have the option to trail and decay, but it doesn't have tap tempo. It DOES, however, have strum-tempo. You hold the stomp down and just strum the tempo you want on your bass, and that sets the delay time. Has lots of different models of delay on it too, some sound particularly fantastic on bass

It's a great delay that you can find for a good price used (around $100), and it will retain a good deal of resale value if you want to sell it.

Man I love me some delay! I use it quite a lot, I think more bass players should get into it, adds great ambiance and presence to your sound

12. CHILDISHGAMBINO

CHILDISHGAMBINO

The Zoom MS 70CDR looks like a lot of fun. I have a B3 and I'm still thinking about getting the CDR for the tap tempo and trails.

13. skulletwhip

skulletwhip

Line 6 Echo Park. Very versatile, has tempo, and trails.

14. jacksonev94

jacksonev94 Supporting Member

+1 for the Dispatch Master; I love mine!

15. Bassmike62

Bassmike62

Or with a Marshall Echohead, at around 110 $ new. It has 6 modes, with decent analogue and tape sims. Add the tap tempo for 30 $ or so.

16. mikal

mikal

Maybe more real estate than you want to take up, but running a ehx memory toy with an expression pedal controlling delay is a nice option too. I haven't played with tap tempo yet.

17. Fuzz Aldrin

Fuzz Aldrin

The Diamond Memory Lane Jr. is perfect for your needs. Tap tempo - yes. Trails when shut off - yes (you can set it either way). Reasonable price - reasonable for what you are getting imo, but probably more than you want to spend.