Delay w/ Tap Tempo Input & Expression Pedal for Effect Volume - Exist? Mod?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by BooshBass, Sep 5, 2013.

1. BooshBass

BooshBass Supporting Member

Hello All,

I am currently in the long, expensive process of converting my pedal setup from a BOSS GT-6B processor with a few individual pedals to all individual pedals. The only function of the GT-6B I am worried about losing is the ability to use an external tap tempo to set the delay rate while simultaneously having the ability to control effect volume with the expression pedal included on the GT-6B. This is one of my favorite effects to bust out - a spacey wah'ed out fade in, fade out delay which has its tempo synced to an RC-2 Loop Station. (If it weren't for the enormous footprint of the GT-6B, I would just keep it solely as a delay pedal.)

Does anybody know of a delay pedal that will allow me to use an external tap tempo AND an expression pedal to control effect volume? Or, does anybody know of a pedal which will be most conducive to applying a mod (and a person who can pull off the mod, because I am electronically illiterate) to have this ability?

Thanks.

PS Any suggestions on my GAS list are welcome.

2. LowG

LowG

Boss space echo (I believe).

3. Basehead

Basehead Now with even more synthy goodness...

Expensive ones include the Eventide Timefactor and the Strymon Timeline....

4. BooshBass

I know it has an expression pedal input for either an expression pedal or a control pedal. I wonder if there is the ability to or will take a mod to facilitate both for the tempo and effect volume.....

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. LowG

LowG

Tempo happens with one of the built in pedals

7. BooshBass

Eventide Timefactor looks like the one. It appears to have an expression pedal input and an "Aux Switch" input. But $350 is quite steep...... May be a while.

Thanks man.

8. BooshBass

If anybody knows how to achieve what I described above for less than $350, I'm all ears.

9. Basehead

Basehead Now with even more synthy goodness...

There's one in the classifieds for less...

10. BooshBass

thanks for the heads up. still getting the lay of the land on this forum

11. BooshBass

12. BooshBass

Anybody have any input on the TC Electronics Flashback X4? I can't really find a whole lot on here.

The Strymon Timeline and Eventide Flashback seem to be top of the line and are what I need, but the Flashback X4 also does what I need for less money. Can anybody who has or has used it give me a breakdown on its versatility/flexibility in comparison to the Timeline and Timefactor?

13. LowG

LowG

Btw - maybe I was not clear - boss space echo does what you want. Left pedal is on/off, right pedal is tap tempo, expression input can control a few things including echo volume. Maybe you don't want that "dirty" sounding echo though (I love it myself).

14. BooshBass

Thanks for your help. The space echo is definitely sweet and I've always had good things to say about Boss pedals (I have some for sale if you want to check it out on my thread in the classifies), I'm just looking for something that can be synced up to multiple other things. Boss should really start putting MIDI inputs/outputs on their dual pedals because then I would buy.

I'm going to go MIDI route now, so I have an Alesis SR-18 drum machine in the pipeline which will have a tap tempo pedal connected and act as a midi sync clock for a delay pedal (I'm leaning towards the TC Flashback X4 because the Timeline and Timefactor are probably going to be too expensive), a loop (EHX 2880 if I can find one when I have the funds), and whatever else I wind up having which takes MIDI (at least an SA BEF).

Thanks again.