1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Delayed NBD x 4

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Strat Hater, Nov 5, 2012.

1. Strat Hater

Strat Hater

First we have my $50 find. A Yamaha RBX 170 $50 New at Long and McQuade. They told me it had a bad neck, but I discovered all it needed was a good setup and it plays wonderful[​IMG]

Next is my Raven West RB 4500. Gold hardware and I got Optima Gold strings for it. It has now become my goto. I might upgrade the preamp and pots, but it sounds good and plays excellent.[​IMG]

Here is my 8 string. I have never posted an actual photo of it, just a stock one from Eric at Raven West. I have actually had it for almost 5 years, but I am good at procrastination. lol
    [​IMG]

Finally is my Ray 34HB. I just love the tone on this thing
    [​IMG]

I just keep getting busy and forgetting the important things like getting gas relief :D
  2. ArvindJayaram

ArvindJayaram

Killer collection. How arte those Raven West basses, love the look.
    - Jimmy Rage
  3. Strat Hater

Strat Hater

The Raven wests are really nice basses for the money. They look like $2000 basses but I got both of mine for just under $500 cdn each. I have a luthier friend that did a setup on the 4 string last week and he thought it was remarkable for the price. Now there were some imperfections in the finish and I think they skimped on the preamp. I will upgrade it when I can. But the feel and fretwork rivals that of basses triple the price that I paid for these.

I am itching to try one of their Spalted maple 5 strings, but I can't afford it right now