1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Deluxe jazz V/V/preamp/tone wiring...

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Weshunter413, Dec 26, 2012.

1. Weshunter413

Weshunter413

Ok, so I tried lots of preamps and pickups in the last month and spent a bunch of money only to realize the original pickups and preamp in my 2012 Fender american Jazz deluxe is what works for me in the end. Sigh...

The only issue I have is the darn blend pot poorly blends. I want to replace the blend with another volume pot. Will everything work ok with this mod using the preamp still? I wanted to replace the original volume pot aswell with the cts pots in both positions to keep them equal but the motherboard is attached to the master volume. So I guess it would be ok to use a cts 250k volume for the bridge pickup with the original alpha pot for the neck pickup?

If its not possible I will just replace the whole preamp for a passive setup because I play 90% in passive anyway but I still love the possibilities with the pre.

So what do you guys think???

2. Weshunter413

Weshunter413

Anyone try something like this??