1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Deluxe jazz V/V/preamp/tone wiring...

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Weshunter413, Dec 26, 2012.

1. Weshunter413

Weshunter413 Supporting Member

Ok, so I tried lots of preamps and pickups in the last month and spent a bunch of money only to realize the original pickups and preamp in my 2012 Fender american Jazz deluxe is what works for me in the end. Sigh...

The only issue I have is the darn blend pot poorly blends. I want to replace the blend with another volume pot. Will everything work ok with this mod using the preamp still? I wanted to replace the original volume pot aswell with the cts pots in both positions to keep them equal but the motherboard is attached to the master volume. So I guess it would be ok to use a cts 250k volume for the bridge pickup with the original alpha pot for the neck pickup?

If its not possible I will just replace the whole preamp for a passive setup because I play 90% in passive anyway but I still love the possibilities with the pre.

So what do you guys think???
  2. Weshunter413

Weshunter413 Supporting Member

Anyone try something like this??