Demeter Pre Schematic

Discussion in 'Roscoe Basses' started by fundamental, Feb 17, 2007.

1. fundamental

fundamental

I have a roscoe that I'd like to put a demeter back in to, but I have no idea what wires go where. I wrote demeter, but surprisingly, they weren't much help.

Does anyone have a schematic they can scan or one in PDF form?

Big TIA

-fun
  2. JOME77

JOME77

I'll try to help. Since the pre's come pre-wired for Demeter, the only documentation that they provide is the following:

The BEQP-1 has two wires from the circuit board.
    1) White wire is hot (+) for bridge p/u
    2) Blue & white stripped wire is hot (+) for neck p/u

Both gnd. leads (-) from the neck & bridge p/u's should be soldered to the back casing of the volume pot. Ground wire from bridge should be soldered there as well.

Hope that this helps. If you need more specific's let me know. I can remove the control panel cover and verify some connections for you. Keep in mind though that Demeter did substitute wire colors from time to time.
    I found this out the hard way!:crying:
  3. Jerry Ziarko

Jerry Ziarko Supporting Member

Here you go.....
  4. JOME77

JOME77

Jerry!
    Where in the world did you get that? I purchased 4 Demeters from James and never got anything that defined!
    You're 'da man! :cool:
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Jerry Ziarko

Na, I'm not. Vic is the man, no wait, Lee is the man. :confused: Vic sent me this diagram when I bought the pre from him. He got it from?? Anyway, it had the name Lee on it. So where ever it came from, it made the installation idiot proof. I mean, even I did it in about ten minutes. ;)
  7. klorence

klorence

jerry that's ultra hip of you to post. someone should put that in a sticky for this forum.

the first luthier i went to upon receiving my roscoe could've used a diagram like that - he was troubleshooting my pre/pups. demeter was of absolutely no help, unfortunately (numerous calls, messages, emails, etc. w/no response. :meh: )

in fact, my bridge pickup is currently back at nordstrand's right now - turns out it was (and still is!) the culprit. hopefully it will be back soon & i can hear what my bass is supposed to sound like!
  8. fundamental

fundamental

OK let's see if this is right. This is the preamp I have, if I have done anything wrong here, I'll correct it and repost

[​IMG]
  9. Jerry Ziarko

10. Jerry Ziarko

credit where credit is due- I think the diagram originally came from lpjiang.
  11. lpjiang

lpjiang Finally a Roscoehead

Yes, I drew that when I sold the Demeter. Glad it helps! :hyper:
  12. funkytico

funkytico

He guys was wondering if any of you guys had the schematic for the beqp-1 from demeter. It's a bit different from the one in the picture. I'm trying to get it in my bass and sure enough got no diagram with it. anyway any help would be greatly appreciated.
  13. JOME77

JOME77

This is the only one that I have but I believe that it matches the pre in the picture...maybe it'll help though. :)

Attached Files:

14. CrashClint

CrashClint I Play Bass therefore I Am Gold Supporting Member

Fundamental, you truly would be better off selling it to me. You really don't want to go through the headache of installing the Demeter. :D

The Demeter works best with the Bart Classic Pickups, if you don't have those in your bass it is a waste of time and you need to sell the Demeter to me.
  15. fundamental

fundamental

long gone unfortunately. I did install it, but then traded the bass for another Roscoe.

I've just left the photo up as a public service!
  16. CrashClint

CrashClint I Play Bass therefore I Am Gold Supporting Member

I am kinda partial to the Demeter especially with the Bart Classics, you can actually hear a difference with the mid set flat when you flip the switch.

I like the Glock preamp coupled with the Roscoe Barts. I put one of these preamps in a friends SKB and it sounded really nice, smooth bass, mids and highs.
  17. SeayBass

SeayBass Supporting Member

link?
  18. JOME77

JOME77

The diagram he was referencing is in post #12
  19. Jerry Ziarko

Yup, That's it!
  20. JOME77

JOME77

I had to bump this thread back to the top!

I just installed a Demeter pre in a buddies Roscoe (Spanish cedar with Roscoe/Barts) and was quickly reminded of why I loved the Demeter pre in a Roscoe!

What a killer finger style and slap tone! :bassist:

I know that Roscoe doesn't offer these anymore BUT you can order them from Demeter (approx. 4 weeks).

I still haven't decided if I prefer the Demeter overall over the Audere but I've got say this, the Audere, Aggie & Bart pre's have some nice sounds but they can't cop the sound of the Demeter! :meh:Definitely justifies having 2 fretted Roscoe's!

IMO it's absolutely unique! Can you say GLASSY highs? :)

.....I thought you could! :smug:
  21. bkirk

bkirk

Joe,
    Thanks for bumping this up to the top. I had been meaning to save that schematic then totally forgot about it. I bought the LG from Jerry Z that he installed the Demeter in; it's exciting just to play that bass (thanks Jerry!). I always play it in the rock&blues band but lately I've also been playing it in the jazz&original band instead of the fretless. It's just hard to put it down!
    Bruce