1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. We are currently evaluating the "One Post Per Classified Ad" policy. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

DEMO/REVIEW: Loud Button Electronics *** pedal (Bizarre sounds content)

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Insouciance, Aug 15, 2012.

1. Insouciance

Insouciance

Hello Talkbass!

Thank you Talkbass!
  2. Corey Y

Corey Y Supporting Member

I feel like an alien just farted robot ghosts into my brain. In a good way.
  3. JonnyAngle

JonnyAngle Supporting Member

I think I could use this in my country gig! Seriously w t f though (why the face)
  4. Insouciance

Insouciance

It has tones that are very dubstep oriented. But there is also a stoner/doom type vibe. Therefore, it is perfect for budstep.
  5. Insouciance

Insouciance

6. alec

alec

That's crazy! Some of it sounds like the Frantabit.
  7. RedMoses

RedMoses Supporting Member

Sounds incredible, just cant see where i could make it usable.
  8. Mr. Pickles

Mr. Pickles Supporting Member

I dig! I hear some tones similar to the Noisebox, but much more responsive.
  9. Insouciance

Insouciance

I did have a Noisebox for a little bit, but it sounded very thin to me. The W/T/F is incredibly responsive to your playing. In the video you see Juan try and set a loop, but the pedal doesn't react the same way as when he is playing.

There is certainly a learning curve with the pedal, and as with any stompbox with sweet spots...there will be many not sweet spots.

As far as use, I have found many applications. I put it before my trem, and use a heavy helicopter chop...it sounds awesome. I play with my volume knob too to get the envelope to open and close, which also sounds rather unique. With a delay on, forget it, it sounds like an alien spaceship landing. So cool!
  10. Mr. Pickles

Mr. Pickles Supporting Member

This is exactly what I was thinking. The Noisebox is way cool, but due to the nature of its synthesis, it obliterates the signal and the lowest freqs. disappear. I usually have to blend in clean signal to use it on bass, which is fine and there are times when I don't need the low end (solos). The ***? is on my radar now as a Noisebox replacement for those robot laser sounds.