1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a FREE Account to post and unlock tons of features!

DEMO/REVIEW: Loud Button Electronics *** pedal (Bizarre sounds content)

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Insouciance, Aug 15, 2012.

1. Hello Talkbass!

Thank you Talkbass!

2. Corey Y

Corey Y Supporting Member

Jun 3, 2010
    Salinas, CA
    I feel like an alien just farted robot ghosts into my brain. In a good way.

3. TalkBass Friendly Advertisement

4. JonnyAngle

JonnyAngle Dropping Acid Pedal Etching Supporting Member

Nov 24, 2008
    Maple Grove, MN
    Disclosures:
    Dropping Acid Pedal Etching
    I think I could use this in my country gig! Seriously w t f though (why the face)

5. It has tones that are very dubstep oriented. But there is also a stoner/doom type vibe. Therefore, it is perfect for budstep.

6. alec

alec

Feb 13, 2000
    Perth, Australia
    That's crazy! Some of it sounds like the Frantabit.

7. RedMoses

RedMoses Supporting Member

Jul 4, 2012
    NYC
    Sounds incredible, just cant see where i could make it usable.

8. I dig! I hear some tones similar to the Noisebox, but much more responsive.

9. I did have a Noisebox for a little bit, but it sounded very thin to me. The W/T/F is incredibly responsive to your playing. In the video you see Juan try and set a loop, but the pedal doesn't react the same way as when he is playing.

There is certainly a learning curve with the pedal, and as with any stompbox with sweet spots...there will be many not sweet spots.

As far as use, I have found many applications. I put it before my trem, and use a heavy helicopter chop...it sounds awesome. I play with my volume knob too to get the envelope to open and close, which also sounds rather unique. With a delay on, forget it, it sounds like an alien spaceship landing. So cool!

10. This is exactly what I was thinking. The Noisebox is way cool, but due to the nature of its synthesis, it obliterates the signal and the lowest freqs. disappear. I usually have to blend in clean signal to use it on bass, which is fine and there are times when I don't need the low end (solos). The ***? is on my radar now as a Noisebox replacement for those robot laser sounds.