1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Deon Rexroat Bass question

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by seannance511, Dec 9, 2010.

1. seannance511

seannance511

I'm new.

That said, I've been searching for years to try and figure out what the heck kind of bass Deon Rexroat plays.

He plays on a various assortment of Fender basses; anything from deluxe jazz to American P's to jaguars.

However, there is one he plays that I've never been able to figure out the make of.
    It appears to be a telecaster guitar style body with the hip of a jazz bass and a telecaster bass neck.

[​IMG]
    From what I can make out, the head stock reads something like
    "Riaylor" or "Rjaylor" or something similar to that.
    It's got a duncan p and jazz pickup mounted into it so it gets awesome tone.

By the way, this guy is the bass player for a band called Anberlin; check them out, they know how to play loud.

I've always thought this was a super sick looking bass but could never figure out what the heck it was.

So, what is it?
  2. seannance511

seannance511

Update:
    I think I've nailed down the make of the bass
    I've looked around and I think it's made by Reverend, back when they were actually making basses. Pretty sure this is a Naylor made.
    I just don't know what model this could be.
    It's not a 5L and doesn't look like the other PJ Reverend's I've seen so far.
  3. Low-Bottom-E

Low-Bottom-E

>>>NEWS FLASH<<<

Reverend is making basses again...debuting their new, semi-hollow, 30" scale, Dub King and 34/35" scale solid bodies, at NAMM, in January!
  4. eastcoasteddie

eastcoasteddie

glancing at the title of this thread quickly, I could have sworn it said "Deep Throat"
  5. Duplo42

Duplo42

I enlarged (10% steps, otherwise you get all blur) and sharpned it in PShop:

[​IMG]

Better? Looks like PJaylor or PTaylor or RTaylor