1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Derrick Hodge = BEAST

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Ricky Caboverde, Dec 5, 2013.

1. Ricky Caboverde

Ricky Caboverde Supporting Member

I just stumbled upon this recording of the Robert Glasper's band.
    It's just too good not to share :smug:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nN9RAb2o2d8

Please forgive me if this HAS been posted before. I did a Google search for keywords and got no hits so I figured it was safe.
  2. jerry

jerry Definitely not trending Gold Supporting Member

I've been digging his solo album recently too.:bassist:
  3. lefty007

lefty007

His latest solo CD is to me one of the best albums produced in the last, say, 5 years. This might not be an obvious CD for bass players, but the production and compositions, to me, are a as good as it gets.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkIs5HGSKps

I've seen him live with Robert Glasper, and he's a monster player. His solos are very lyrical. No mechanical chops here.

He also happens to be Maxwell's musical director.
  4. markjazzbassist

markjazzbassist Supporting Member

i saw the RGE live here in new orleans, and they all are so killer at their craft. each one is a beast. the new record is off the chain.