Desperately looking for help

Discussion in 'Welcome Forum - New Member Intros' started by humblelearner, Jan 7, 2014.

1. humblelearner

humblelearner

Like I mentioned there are a few bass lines that I want to learn so badly and no where on the internet can I find any of the tabs in the sheet music louder or videos or anything of the songs! I have gone so far as offering people money if they could find any of this on the Internet for me with no success ! I have even gone as far as emailing one of the best bass players ever and asked him if you could show me how to play is baseline. He was so kind and generous and sent me a video of him playing it for me. But I wasn't clear as to my level and just watching him play it there's no way I can learn it that way. He plays it in real time and I can't follow why one hand is doing with one eye and what the other hand is doing with my other eye! And it's only 10 or 11 notes I need to learn! Its crazy I am 10 or 11 notes away from great happiness and joy!!! Have you ever listened to the bass intro to the song psychobabble by the Alan Parsons Project?

If you're not familiar with it, check it out it's so beautiful !

2. jeffbonny

jeffbonny _____________ Gold Supporting Member

Yes you CAN learn it this way. It's the way we all did it. Hats off to you for going right to the source but now you need to get down to it and do the work. Stop looking at the video and use your ears. Listen. The work you do right now will set the tone for the rest of your playing life.

Places like Talkbass seem useful (and they can be) but there comes a point where it's just you and the music and no one can help you but you. Just go for it. The greater the problems and frustration you can overcome the greater the rewards will be.
  3. odin70

odin70

Poetry