1. If you have a confirmed date for your GTG, please create a new event ("Post New Event" button) to get it on the calendar. RSVP system included.

Detroit Bass Fest 2012

Discussion in 'Social Events & GTG's [BG]' started by JAUQO III-X, Oct 13, 2012.

1. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X

Disclosures:
    Endorsing artist:see profile.
  2. oleskool

oleskool

Yea... Yes this should be good. I saw this flier over at detroitbassplayers.com. I think it was on Big Ive's Facebook too.
    Detroit is on the up swing, that was a cool shout out in the Bass Player magazine. The one that has Marcus Miller on the cover. The group photo in a two page spread...cool:cool:
  3. pocketgroove

pocketgroove

Nice, I'll have to catch that this year!
  4. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X

Disclosures:
    Come on out and hang and bring your bass. There will be clinics and performances.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. bThumper38

bThumper38 brian ebert Gold Supporting Member

Man, I wish I could be there! Have fun Jauqo=)
  7. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X

Disclosures:
    Thanks Brian.
  8. pocketgroove

pocketgroove

Is there any way to find out more, short of facebook? Is it open to anyone, or is it exclusive?
  9. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X

Disclosures:

It is not exclusive and it's open to any one and any age who wants to attend.
  10. pocketgroove

pocketgroove

Awesome, it sounds like a really good time. I'm excited for the opportunity, especially to see Nate Watts (no offense to anyone else...I'm really excited about the whole thing). This may be a stupid question, but you mentioned bringing a bass...lots of people will be bringing instruments, right?
  11. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X

Disclosures:
    Believe me I am not at all offended.

Yes feel free to bring your bass, there will be clinics from some of the artist(I will be doing a clinic and a performance).

Detroit has one of the richest history of bass guitar players probably more than any other city in America. And I get mad love from Detroit.
  12. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X

Disclosures:
    Here's a interview I recently did.

13. Professor X

Professor X

TOMORROW!!! Can't wait!
  14. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion Gold Supporting Member

Man I have to check this out I'm not too far away in Toledo I would like to check out my man JAUQO looks like a very well produced event.
  15. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X

Disclosures:
    Come on out and hang.
  16. pocketgroove

pocketgroove

Does anyone know what time it starts? I've read 2:30 and I've read 4, but I don't know which. Thanks, and see those of you who are going later!
  17. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion Gold Supporting Member

I think doors open around 2:30 and the shows start around 4:00 before the shows there will be some incredible workshops and meet and greets. I'm definitely trying to move some things around to come check it out.
  18. pocketgroove

pocketgroove

I got home a little while ago from the bass fest, and it was awesome! That's the most fun I've had in a while. Everyone was really nice and helpful. Sometimes I wish I was a little more naturally outgoing, and I'd get more out of situations, but it was a great time anyway. The performances blew me away, and I'm looking forward to next time!
  19. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X

Disclosures:
    It really was a blast and the crowed was awesome. I wan to thank all who came out. Your presence was sincerely appreciated

Bill Clements, Doug Johns, Nate Watts and Ralphe Armstrong kicked major everything.
  20. SirMjac28

I couldn't get there I'm very disappointed now that I know about the event I will be there next year are there any videos to check out I missed my man JAUQO I know you tore it up!
  21. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X

Disclosures:

It was a great time and the most awesome part of it was the overall unity from the players to those who came for a killer hang.

I did what I did and felt really good about things. Me and my band brought the grooves with a few little tid bits tossed in :)