1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Detuner for new Fender ADP bass?

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by StrangerDanger, Jan 22, 2013.

1. StrangerDanger

StrangerDanger Supporting Member

I'm looking for a drop in, no mod detuner for my 2011 American Deluxe Precision that will hopefully look the same from the front as the other tuners. (I know, a lot to ask.) Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.
  2. StrangerDanger

3. 39-Bassist

39-Bassist

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist for: Brace Audio; Duncan Pickups; Line6
    Have you checked out HIPSHOT? They have every style of tuners for the bass....I Use BT-7's, but look at their site and compare them... Good luck.
  4. StrangerDanger

Yeah that's definitely the way I'm leaning. I guess I'd like to hear from someone who has put one on the type of bass I have to know which model, how much modification was needed and what it ends up looking like and how it works etc.
  5. coffeewood

coffeewood

I put a Hipshot on my 2011 American Standard P. I think it was the BT-8. It goes on with no modification to the bass whatsoever. No screws even. I was pleasantly surprised. It looks just like the other tuners and was easy to tune. I'd suggest watching the video on their website. I liked it so much I got one for my 2001 American Deluxe Jazz as well.
  6. coffeewood

coffeewood

Picd

Attached Files:

7. 96tbird

96tbird Supporter Supporting Member

You will find that Hipshot ultralights and Schaller of that style will fit perfectly and look the same. Fender uses both manufacturers in factory and so has become the standard and are interchangeable. It began with Kluson, Schaller then replicated the footprint, Fender began using Schaller on some, Hipshot began replicating the footprint, Fender even began using them on some models and somewhere in there Gotoh also got into the game. You will find variances in gear ratios but the footprints are the same.
  8. StrangerDanger

Perfect! Thanks!
  9. StrangerDanger

Just ordered the BT8 from BBG with free shipping. Thanks for the help!
  10. StrangerDanger

Got it on and it works and fits perfectly. Warning though, it takes a lot of fine tuning to get it right on.