1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Developing a Pickup App

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Callum_Carcass, Feb 20, 2014.

1. Callum_Carcass

Callum_Carcass

Hey guys, I'm a long time visitor to these forums, but hopefully I'll be here more often, haha.

I'm currently in the process of developing an app with a couple of classmates for testing out various pickups in the home setting. The idea is using recorded clean tracks from a phone through an amp so someone can get a general idea of how a pickup might sound through their own rig in whichever style they play. It's gonna be expensive to develop and take a long while but hopefully something comes of it.

Anyway, to see how much interest there would be in this, we've made this little survey to see if there's much interest in such an idea. At the moment, the questions only mention guitar but I'd like the opinions of bassists too, because I'd like to add in some bass pickups as well. So if you've got a spare five minutes, please do this survey, it'd be loads of help. Thanks!

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/M675KJ5