1. If you have a confirmed date for your GTG, please create a new event ("Post New Event" button) to get it on the calendar. RSVP system included.

DFW open jams

Discussion in 'Social Events & GTG's [BG]' started by tbone0813, Jan 4, 2013.

1. tbone0813

tbone0813 Supporting Member

I was curious if there are many open jams in the DFW area that allow newbies (or those who haven't played out before) to join in?

I would like to check out a couple to see what they are like.
  2. tbone0813

3. tbone0813

4. 4dog

4dog

Apparently brother,there are no bassists in dallas and nowhere to play, Rock that praise and worship !!
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. praisegig

praisegig Supporting Member

A couple of years ago there was a gtg at the Cadillac Pizza in McKinney,that was a lot of fun. It was an open jam after the house band played. On a Thursday night doing blues, you try there
  7. millertx

millertx Supporting Member

Try going to meetup.com and searching for Music meetups within some distance of your location. Probably only some of the groups have jam sessions, but pretty easy to check out.
  8. Crater

Crater

Here's a couple that I know of:

West End Pub - open mic night, Thursdays, sign-up starts at 7:30 pm.

Sons of Hermann Hall - Acoustic-only ( :oops: ) Jam session on Thursday nights.

I haven't been to either of these, my (ex?) bandmate wanted to do the acoustic jam session at Sons of Hermann Hall but I don't own an acoustic bass guitar.

I have been to the Blues Jam at the Cadillac Pizza Pub in McKinney, but I went there to purchase a guitar amp, not to play. The people were very friendly and asked me multiple times if I wanted to jam with them.
  9. mr sprocket

mr sprocket

Try looking at http://www.musicdfw.com. There are some jams listed there that are open to players at many levels.
  10. NYCbassist

NYCbassist Supporting Member

11. dave2

dave2 Gold Supporting Member

Hi,
    Nate's Seafood in Addison has a well known and long time running jam session on Sundays.
    In fact there are several on Sunday around the DFW area but I always have to work and miss those.

On Monday and Thursdays there are the jam sessions at The Goat over in the Lakewood area of Dallas. Those have been there forever it seems.

The Free Man in Deep Ellum has a jam on Mondays. I went once but it was very poorly run and disorganized.

There are others - just ask around to other locals. Hope this helps.

Dave
  12. the_stone

the_stone

If you don't mind coming out to southwest Cowtown, there's a really cool Thursday night blues jam at Keys Lounge, just south of I20 off of McCart (I live 5 minutes from there). The jam is actually run by Bobby Counts, the bass player, and he's a super-chill guy. Keys itself is an awesome dive bar.

I've been meaning to get out there more often myself.
  13. Bill Whitehurst

Bill Whitehurst

Also, in FW, Mambos Mondays and Thursday.
  14. fishtx

fishtx Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Spector Basses/Genz Benz - RIP/Mojo Hand FX
    At Burger Girl in McKinney on Wednesday nights. Mark Sena runs it...And at the Cadillac Pizza in McKinney on Thursday nights...Buzz Andrews runs this one. Just show up and you can play.
  15. INTP

INTP