1. A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

2. Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ

New posts to classifieds threads will only bump the thread once every 24 hours. Posts made before 24 hours since the last bump, will not bump the thread.

To mark your thread sold, edit the title and choose the "SOLD" prefix. See the FAQ for more info

DHA VT1-EQ- Bass Drive

Discussion in 'For Sale: Effects and Pedals' started by loopee, Apr 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. loopee

loopee Gold Supporting Member

SOLD LOCALLY FOR $175 Cdn

IMG_0657.JPG

Like new....been sitting in my music room for 2 years and I'm not using it, no point keeping it......great tube pedal, DI and headphone/Aux In capacity......red positive tip cable included and it does have a 12 volt power supply that came with it from DHA....will try to locate it if you prefer using it with 12 volts instead of 9 volts.....though I did not hear a difference in tone between 9 and 12....

$140 US
    shipped
  2. dcurran

dcurran Supporting Member

What kind of power does it take?
  3. franksgbass

franksgbass Supporting Member

i borrowed one of these from my neighbor. It sounds excellent. This seems like a newer version. It had an option for no diodes/silicon. Does this one have that as well?
    Either way, if you are running a solid state head, this thing is magic. I went on a huge pre-amp binge with my GK1001, this one was a favorite. For $150 you can't go wrong.

I wonder how it would sound through a Super Bassman 300. Damn. I gotta stop buying pedals for a few days. I'm well over the $1000 mark and its only April. I might PM you later today. But really, someone with a solid state head should before I do. You will be stoked.
  4. arbitrary

arbitrary Supporting Member

hows the overdrive on this thing?
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. loopee

dcurran: 9 - 12 volts though it's tip positive which is why I'm including the tip positive red cable.....

arbitrary: describing overdrive is a hard thing to do....let me just say that it starts at nothing and goes to fuzz then if you turn on the boost knob, you have more of anything from 1 to 10 then there's a "colour" knob which adds different color to your dirt, then there's the gain knob that, again, goes from 1 to 10 in gain intensity.....then you add a great EQ with a Q knob for mids..........add a DI and a headphone/Aux In and it's a pretty darn versatile pedal......and it has a tube in it.....

franksgbass: you got it.....by the way, this one is about 3 years old so no diode thing but this one has proper printing on it and not freehand lettering....I've used it with a SS and a hybrid head....sounds great on both....

after all this, now I'm debating selling it once again.....but I have to make room for other pedals....
  7. tympano

tympano Supporting Member

It should be noted that, like most tube-driven pedals, it does require--at minimum-- a PS capable of supplying 500mA.

http://www.davehallamps.co.uk/page29.html

Also, this thing is butter. Used to own one.
  8. loopee

I've been using a One Spot, which can handle 2000mA....works perfectly
  9. arbitrary

arbitrary Supporting Member

actually what are the dimensions?
  10. loopee

I've got it packaged and ready to ship so I can't measure it but I have an old pic of my board somewhere and that might give you an idea of the size...I can't seem to be able to post the pic on TB, pm me with your email address and I'll send it to you
  11. dcurran

dcurran Supporting Member

So it runs off 9v? Can I plug into a voodoo lab power supply?
  12. loopee

DHA says 9-12 volts, tip positive, needs around 500mA or less.....check out the link in post #6
  13. loopee

I have no experience with a Voodoo Lab power supply.....as long as it has 9 to 12 volts and can give you 500mA current.....I wouldn't see why not......After all I've been using a tiny little One Spot for my whole board with no problems....

14. loopee

15. loopee

PRICE DROP to $140 shipped.......must pay some medical bills....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.