Did Warwick raise their prices?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by zachreh, Apr 15, 2014.

1. zachreh

zachreh

2. BawanaRik

BawanaRik Supporting Member

3. TechJunky

TechJunky Supporting Member

Been that expensive for the last few years now. May have gone up marginally, but seems like Streamer Stage I's have been around $4000, and Stage II and Thumb NT's are around $4700-5000 new. Hard to find new a lot of the time, though, and rarely see anyone buying new. Thankfully, used prices are much lower (albeit still expensive).
  4. zachreh

zachreh

Yeah I remember when they were much cheaper, o well
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. bigsnaketex

bigsnaketex Supporting Member

you get what you pay for with Warwicks! Fine made instruments!
  7. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL A Hard Rockin Lover of GREENBURST Supporting Member

Media:
    I've seen the higher priced basses sit on ebay for what seems like years.
  8. nashvillebill

nashvillebill

Since Warwicks are imported, they are subject to fluctuations in the exchange rate. Dollar goes down, the (imported) price goes up.
  9. neptoon

neptoon

warwick is always raising their prices...i got a warwick thumb NT 4 back in '98 for a touch less than $2K from beaver at bass central...it's hard to find one used for that price now...and don't forget about the conversion rate....several years back, I took advantage of the exchange rate and got a custom lefay for like $2100 when Europe was converting to the euro
  10. DirkP

DirkP

That's revenge :)
    In Germany we pay nearly the same for a Musicman Classic (2700,- Euros at Thomann, that equals 3.700,- Dollar).
    Don't forget: if you export you have to finance the transport, you need a distribution and a service net in the foreign country etc.

So maybe, if you want to deliver a certain quality standard, take care of the environment, pay your workers a decent wage, you have to ask those prices. The chief of Warwick even talks in public about the wage he's paying himself and it's less than I would have expected.
    Dirk
  11. gurensan

gurensan

I got my '07 fretless Corvette new in (April?) '08 at a GC for... $749, I think. The very next month the same bass was raised to $1249 (they were still made in Germany then). That's a ~50% increase! I believe soon after that, Warwick ended Dana B. Goods' distributorship.

just my Warwick price experience.
  12. VFX

VFX

In 2001, my custom shop thumb nt4 was roughly $4k

These days the same bass is around $12-16k depending on your dealer & where you are in the world.
  13. -Asdfgh-

-Asdfgh-

I should have just bought a large number of Warwick basses in around 2001 to put away to finance my retirement :)
  14. VFX

VFX

... and if I were to sell said thumb bass I'd be lucky to get much more than $1.5k for it.
  15. gurensan

gurensan

Yeah, I don't know what's up with Warwick resale.