DID YOU HEAR ABOUT THE NEW IBANEZ 32" 5'R?!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ebonalley, Jan 19, 2013.

1. ebonalley

ebonalley Supporting Member

Did you hear about the new Ibanez medium scale SR 5'r? Me neither, but I'm hoping with this thread I can stir the pot enough for someone at Ibby to take notice.

Maybe you've seen their 28" model...
    [​IMG]

PS- Go Pats!
  2. progrmr

progrmr

I have now - Ibanez has some pretty compelling basses - I bet the price is right too.
  3. ebonalley

The truth of the matter is that I am lucky enough to already have a gorgeous 32" 5'r from www.Bradybass.com

However, I'm now looking for a reliable back up.

[​IMG]

Although Warwick has really stepped up to the plate with their 2013 Rockbass offering, I have an appreciation for SR's from prior experience.

[​IMG]

So what do you say? Would you be interested in a 32" SR series?

[​IMG]
    maestrovert likes this.
  4. Trayster2

Trayster2 Supporting Member

I would love it in a four-string. Do these exist?
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. ebonalley

No, just the Wick currently.
  7. waidada

waidada

You got my hopes realllllly high and bait me into here. I have to register to express how sad I am that this is not a real deal.. :bawl:

I play the SR300 in worship band that i am happy with and keep a Yamaha at home. My pinky is significantly shorter (ppl giggle when I show them). I've been searching high and low for an affordable medium scale P bass, it's unbelievably hard. Most of the non-custom made medium scale are a thing in history (like the Ibanez's GAXB). Ibanez Mikro has J P pickup which is very appealing, but a 28.5 neck seems too big of a change. SX at the moment only have medium J bass.

Epiphone's EB-0 is 30" scale, and it only has a single pick up. Fender Mustang is 30" and in the expensive range, and the Squier... I would just prefer a Ibanez over Squier... Yamaha motion is also disontinued, these are all short scaled. I felt 32" medium scale willl be best of both world. I am so surprise that there aren't much affordable choice for this happy medium. This market compose of many beginner's like me who can't afford custom like songbird or getting the Warwick's (<which is a dream for me)

Ibanez 32" 5 strings will be cool if the B works out, but why not launching a 4 strings first? It might have a bigger market because many player who already play 5 strings are use to 34 or even 35?

If Ibanez would stretch those neck of mikro to 32" inch (ideally replace those plastic tuner), I will be totally falling for it.

sigh! :(
  8. waidada

waidada

Oh~ and if anybody can point me to medium scale P bass, it will be much appreciated! I am also keeping an eye out for ebay and craigslist but I am a bit hesitant as I am not confident in discovering if there are anything wrong with the used bass. :)
  9. ebonalley

This is an adequate bass after setup and possible new electronics. You can find it in black from time to time. Sorry thread title was so deceptive. Just thought it would be fun to bring attention to it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Gypsy-Rose-...83010411?pt=Guitar&hash=item27cf61b06b&_uhb=1
  10. waidada

waidada

:) Don't be sorry, I was just a bit disappointed.

I saw the gypsy rose too, but I would like something that's good to go out of the box, again I am pretty ignorant about what to change etc.. :rollno: It doesn't sound too good here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksW9ivN53vo

I would hope this thread will catch the attention of the Ibanez folks that yes, there is a market out there for middle scale bass~ pleaseee :hyper:
  11. Immigrant

Immigrant

Try Landing Bass for a medium scale five P-based (see what I did?) instrument.

There is a guy on this forum (Basses) asking the value of a MIJ Fender P medium scale right now:

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f8/80s-fender-32-scale-p-bass-value-954648/

As for this thread, I'd rather have a medium scale five string ATK. I've never had any luck with Ibby SR necks staying in one place but I don't think the ATK would be as wimpy. Yes, wimpy.
  12. mcblahflooper94

mcblahflooper94

NO I HAVEN'T. INTERESTING
  13. ebonalley

Since this is my thread, I'll take the opportunity to cross it with another. I'm selling my perfect medium scale gypsy rose. See here:
    http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f126/hot-rodded-gypsy-rose-pj-medium-scale-32-a-959549/#post13901561
  14. Steve Dallman

Steve Dallman Supporting Member

I have a 32" scale acoustic 5 string and the low B is surprisingly good. I have no idea what brand of strings they are but I got an extra set from the place where I bought the bass. I realize an electric bass wouldn't use phosphor bronze strings, but it showed me a med scale 5 string could have a decent low B.
  15. Avalon

Avalon

I know that these entry level models are no longer manufactured, but I was just in a store yesterday and saw an Ibanez GAXB150 in black. It's not like a need another entry level bass, but for some reason, this one has always kind of called to me - especially when I learned that it was a medium scale.

[​IMG]
  16. Monster Truck

Monster Truck bassist for GESH Supporting Member

this thread needs a bump
  17. ebonalley

Wow Agent77 you're right, this thread does deserve a bump.
  18. randyripoff

randyripoff