Difference between BP355 and RP355

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Kaleb, Nov 17, 2012.

1. Kaleb

Kaleb

I have a Digitech BP355 and it's great but I play regular guitar too and my question is, is the RP355 that much different from the BP355? Save myself $200?

2. zrxsteve

zrxsteve

All I know is that the BP is for bass and RP is for guitar, I believe that they're very similar if not exactly the same, but I guess they would be more specific towards the pitches produced by the instrument, so the BP would emphasize more on the lower ends. I'm not sure though...they could be exactly the same.

3. arthur759

arthur759

There's not THAT much of a difference between the two, the amp and cab models on the BP are for a bass, there are still a few for guitar though.
    If you play bass and guitar, I'd go with the BP.

4. Jay2U

Jay2U Not as bad as he lóòks Supporting Member

My son and I have got both the RP90 and the BP90. They are very different. Most settings on the Rp90 make your bass sound like a kind of drop B guitar. The only bass sound which can be produced with the RP90 is the Lemmy Kilmister sound. The other way round, the BP90 isn't very well suited for guitar. I guess that the situation is the same for the RP and BP355.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. SirChallsA

SirChallsA

I would think there's some kind of software mod that you can add to make the rp 355 have the BP 355 library? Seems like it would all be software based....

7. bassmusic17

bassmusic17

Depends on what you are gonna use it for. More bass or more with guitar? If equal I would still probably go with the BP. I am sure there are enough things to tweak to make it work for both. I mean I don't imagine you are planning on gigging with the thing so probably won't matter to much if your just using it as something to noodle around with at home.

8. SirChallsA

SirChallsA

Well if I could get a software update, I would absolutely use the thing for gigging. *Shrug* I mostly just use it for recording guitar at this point but the thing is pretty cool. I have two major issues with this pedal though.

1: You have to push the up or down button like 50 times to get to presets you want which makes it hugely impractical for gigging. You can get a COUPLE sounds you like though and set them up close to each other though... like presets 1 and 2 you can customize and just switch between them.
    2: You can't use the "looper" while you're using the "Drum Machine". This sucks because your loops lack beats man!

Anyhow, I used to play guitar in a band so I bought this and ended up not using it because I have a Line 6 amp and an FBV Shortboard. This thing has become a recording tool and jam box for me. I wish I could swap out softwar from guitar for bass though so I don't have to buy another 200$ pedal.