1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Differences in Fender Squier bass bridges?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by DigTheBackBeat, Feb 1, 2014.

1. DigTheBackBeat

DigTheBackBeat

Hi all:

Does anyone know what the differences are in the following Fender Squier bass bridges?

005-5407-000
    005-4937-000
    006-2409-000

They all look alike to me! I want pick up a bridge and was wondering if one is preferred.

2. tjh

tjh Supporting Member

You may want to indicate what basses you are considering the bridges off of, I cant imagine there are 10 people on TB that would know all Squier bridges by their part #'s ...

.. the one that jumps out at me is the 6-2409 ... simple bent plate Fender style bridge, with common Fender 5 hole mounting pattern, used on basses like Affinity's, Standard Series, Wentz, Dirnt, and Bello Jazz and probably others ..

... the 7-4943 (not on your list) is the bridge used on the CV 60's Jazz, a heavier mass bridge, with wider than standard 5 hole Fender mounting pattern ... gold saddles

... the 7-4942 I believe is the stock bridge on the CV P ... both this and the 4943 off the CV J should be wider spacing at the bridge than common Fender ...

... the 5-5407 is probably standard spacing and bent plate design as well, probably not high mass ..

you most likely are going to want to compare weight, mounting hole spacing, saddle size (diameter), and string spacing at the saddles and make a determination upon that ...

You dont say what you are putting it on, that may help to determine .. also, what is your current mounting hole spacing, and are you looking for a direct fit drop in, or are you planning on plugging and re-drilling ...

.. and maybe the most important question, is what is wrong with the bridge you have, and what are you trying to accomplish with the change??

3. DigTheBackBeat

DigTheBackBeat

LOL! OK, you got me. I left out a lot.

Fender-Squier P-Bass---------------005-5407-000
    Cort IC Affinity P-Bass--------------005-4937-000
    VM-Jazz Bass (Natural)-------------006-2409-000

I do not want wide spacing. I believe .75" is standard. Right now, I have a p body and am not 100% sure what brand it is. It has a wide (3.4" total) bridge, wide spacing, with 4 corner screws. If I go with 5 holes in a row I will need to do some handy work. As far as weight, mounting hole spacing, saddle size (diameter), and string spacing at the saddles, I guess that is pretty much what I am asking about in my comparison. At first look these 3 bridges appear to be the same.

4. tjh

tjh Supporting Member

... that would be probably because they are the same, or close enough that you couldn't tell the difference unless you had all three in hand side by side, and maybe not even then ...

Your current body, could be a Johnson .. they use a four corner bolt pattern on their bridges I believe ...

another question, why do you want/need a Squier bridge? ... if you are going standard Fender 5 hole mount spacing, and going to need to drill anyway, just put a Fender on their ... drill for standard five hole Fender and you can put any bridge on there you want ... Babicz for light weight and max adjustability, BAII if you want to anchor you boat to the bass, etc, etc ... maybe even a threaded saddle vintage bridge ;) ...

5. Register to disable this ad